Adding insult to injury; my PC wine was corked!

2009 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut. Mildly corked; a previous bottle had been beautiful but young.
I went to CT to see where I bought it. I had hopes of obtaining a credit from the retailer, but discovered that wouldn’t be happening. I guess it’s better to be delivered a corked bottle than no bottle at all. I’ve now hit the Premier Cru trifecta; great bottles, corked bottles, and undelivered bottles.

As my Dad would say, “It’s not important.”

Cheers,
Warren

But for a great price!

Basturds ! (sic)

My Dad would say "not the first time, not the last time.

I’m just glad that you are safe.

Has anyone else noticed systemic storage/spoilage problems with wines from PC?

Not at all. I have just a few examples, but I’ve found less issues with bottles purchased from PC compared to the same bottles purchased around the same time period from other retailers, such as Spec’s locally and K&L.

+1 as to the surprisingly low rate of bad bottles from PC.

But free storage, tho’…

FIFY

Too soon? [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Well there is that. I’m just surprised that with what had to be less than iron-clad attendance to provenance in the PC purchasing model there wasn’t a higher incidence of failure.

Until every bottle is delivered, representative sampling is statistically not possible.

Indeed. They had plenty of time to “vet” them. [cheers.gif]

I have been pretty lucky with purchases from PC, can’t remember too many bad bottles. But this past weekend had a 2001 Pegau and it had a depressed cork and was pretty advanced.

All my bottles so far are good!
I have a few cases of 2005 Bordeaux yet to be opened.

Uggh, sorry about that.

I’ve been having great luck w them. Last night we had a simple $14 2004 village burgundy table wine that was still kicking…great with herbed pot roast.

I have some yet to be delivered! :astonished:

In my experience, even if they had still been in business, you would not have had much luck getting a credit for a corked wine.