TN: 2014 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills

• 2014 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (12/28/2016)
    Medium dark ruby with elderberry nose. Dry restrained savory fruit, medium body, light acid and lightly bitter tannins. Sill young, but very drinkable. A couple days later silky smooth with savory restrained fruit and bright earthy mineral with a touch of acid. Very nice now for the non bubble gum crowd. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, Gris!!!

I still have not tried a wine from Vincent, to my ever-lasting shame.

Happy new year Dennis. Thanks for the note, this one is in a nice place a year+ in the bottle now, but no rush for anybody who has some. Cheers!

1/29/2017 - I LIKE THIS WINE: 91 Points
Medium ruby garnet with a nose of violets and red roses. Dry with light fruit, bright red berry, medium acid which balances the fruit and give a freshness, a little balsam forest, smooth mouth feel with restrained tannins and drinking nicely

2/13/2017 - I LIKE THIS WINE: 91 Points
Medium ruby with a red currant, pomegranate nose. Lightly tart fruit , strawberries, red raspberries, some chalky mineral, cane tannins. Light to medium fruit and body showing restraint and good balance. Drinking nicely now for the AFWE types.

• 2014 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (7/5/2017)
    Medium dark ruby with a light bramble nose. On opening this was more fruity than what I remember as a typical Vincent Pinot and more so than other '14s of late, especially a Day Johan drunk previously. after a couple of nights the fruit has calmed and a nice acid has come to the fore along with some cane tannins to give a good balance. Tart raspberries, evergreen black berries and red currants, some balsam round out the fruit profile, the acid give a freshness and good drink ability. Not restrained, but moving away from the fruity profile. If you like fruit, it’s ready and if you prefer more restraint wait a bit. (91 pts.)

yup - i would def wait (for my taste) but i do love these.

• 2014 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (10/1/2017)
    medium ruby with a flinty nose of red berries. Dry, some flinty mineral, light fruit, medium acid and light tannins. Bright red berry with fresh fruit, red currants, balsam and pine. Fairly restrained for a warm vintage and should improve over time, but drinking well now. Night two, a little lemon zest acid is developing which balances the lightly chewy fruit, some raspberries and well integrated tannins contribute to a very good wine. This AVA is becoming my favorite in the WV. (92 pts.)

For most of my time drinking Oregon pinot I was all about Dundee Hills. It’s so aromatic and forward. In retrospect maybe a bit easier to grab than other AVAs. But I do think that with some age Eola-Amity is really complex and interesting, and might just be where I end up buying a lot more wine.

I like what Dennis has done here with the running series/chronology of TNs - how do you do that via CT? Is it just making sure you use the same title each time, or is there some other “trick” to accomplish this?

And Dennis, did you buy enough that you are also holding some to age, or is this a wine that you’ve just decided to drink while young?

I like posting notes. It helps with my appreciation of a wine. It’s very helpful for me to read other’s when drinking or buying wines. As I have found wines that satisfy my tastes, I am buying larger quantities. Vincent Wines generally do not stay in the cellar all that long as they are all very good, reasonably priced and I like to drink them. I use the search function to tag new tastings on the string and find it helpful when following a wine over time. I cross post from CT to WB and enjoy the discussion from mine and other’s postings. Not quite like sitting at the same table, but I do not have to worry about drinking and driving either. [cheers.gif]

Yeah, I’m not asking my question right (and let me preface this by saying I am a technological neanderthal).

So, I have two notes on CT that both relate to this wine - how would I go about posting them to your thread? When I tried to post one here this morning, even though I used the same thread title, it just opened up another topic for this wine (which I have since deleted).

So I’m really looking for the way to link/post a CT TN directly into an existing thread - I see people do this all the time, but I am clueless as to how one does it? [scratch.gif]

Hi Bob, Just post a reply. That should do it. I copy and paste from the CT TN drop down post to other sites. I do not hit the final post again to the Berserker post just the cut and paste to the reply. Hope this helps.

I opened my first bottle of a Vincent pinot - the 2014 Eola-Amity Hills just recently. Had brought it to share at dinner and immediately on opening, it was wound mighty tight … friend and I both set it aside and opened some rose. About 45 minutes later Vincent’s pinot was glorious … so flavorful but just the right balance of fruit, mineral, acid to my taste. So glad I have two more of these and that I didn’t rush them.