Becklyn 14 reserve

Wow

Nothing like you imagine a big Cali cab, its how i imagine a Margaux

Wonderful aroma and so balanced, opened 4 hours before tasting but this wine is so balanced in a nuanced manner. Mouthfeel is luxurious, reb/ blue fruits in wonderful explosion of subtlety, zero harshness. I know people will not agree but this wine has a wonderful freshness but without any of the rawness you would expect in a 14, im sure it will continue to grow but even now its a wonderful mouthfeel and presentation.

Im so glad i got six of these, it goes straight to the top of one of my favourite all time wines. Its so great to have a wine so well made and unctuous at this stage. Im sure it will develop the teritary flavours people want in cabs but dont be afraid to open this now, it is so ready to drink compared to 13’s i only hope this is a sign of 14’s in general

Thanks for posting. I grabbed three of them without any prior knowledge. Sounds like a good candidate for dinner tomorrow.

I picked up 3 this cycle as well but have not tried them yet. I did tap into the 2013 and although young, it was fabulous. Balanced, good fruit, smooth tannins, and complexity that is just starting to build.

The 13 is great but still feels young, the 14 is a lot more approachable.

Has anyone checked in on these since December? I received the '15 Save The Date email and it got me thinking how these are drinking.

I drank one about a month ago. I thought it was great. Much more approachable than the '13 was my note. Gave it 9.6 on Delectable. Killed it with Flannery burgers.