2014 Betwixt Chardonnay

I post notes rarely. I don’t have nearly the experience, reference points, of many members here. I have to compliment Tim Telli for his Betwixt wines. I had the 2014 Santa Cruz chardonnay tonight. What an incredible example of California chardonnay. Acid freaks will love it. It’s not Chablis. But if you love Chablis (and I do), this Cali chard might be for you. Just electric.

I will also tell you that all of the Betwixt wines I’ve tried (PN, Grenache, etc) are of light-medium extract, very balanced (give them time) and excellent ambassadors of place. All IMHO of course.

Thanks again, Tim.

Chris

Thanks for the note, Chris!

I think that I signed up for the Betwixt mailing list. I would probably dig that style of Chardonnay, and I typically am on the prowl for California Rhône-style wines.

Thanks Chris! Glad you like the wines. I’m a huge acid freak myself and love Chablis, so really appreciate the sentiment.

This vineyard sits over 1000 feet in elevation at the far south of the appellation, and is totally exposed on the Pacific side of the mountains, so its damn cold and wet but retains great acid.

Drew, yes you signed up for the list (Thanks!). I’ve yet to send out an official mailer, but will hopefully get to it at some point…

Cheers and I hope everyone enjoys the holiday!