TN: 2014 Damiano Ciolli Cesanese di Olevano Romano Silene

This was recommended here among many other wines earlier this year when I asked for unusual, interesting wines to look for in Italy. Being the SOB that I am I took it to a blind tasting and unsurprisingly no one had a clue what it is, although after many, many guesses Cesanese was mentioned. Trousseau was a really good guess though as I think this has a lot in common with Tissot’s basic offering.

• 2014 Damiano Ciolli Cesanese di Olevano Romano Silene - Italy, Latium, Cesanese di Olevano Romano (6.12.2016)
    Very obviously unfiltered with its hazy appearance, this wine sits comfortably in the natural camp. Quite wild on the nose with tart forest berries and a sort of untamed overall feel. The palate is very much a mix of Chianti and Trousseau, i.e. earthy and savory with high acidity and almost painful tartness. Completely unadulterated, this is not a sophisticated and well-behaving wine and it does not exist to please you. However a super fun wine to bring to a blind tasting and good with cheeses and charcuterie.

Posted from CellarTracker

I love this wine! Chianti + Trousseau… not a bad way of putting it :slight_smile: