TN: NV Pierre Gerbais Champagne Prestige Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut (France, Champagne)

I really enjoyed this over dinner. 3g p/l dosage, 100% chardonnay from 50 year old vines, grown in marl and limestone.

Posted from CellarTracker

Fabulous wine. Gerbais has improved by leaps and bounds over the last ten or so years. I find the whole range quite compelling, particularly Prestige and L’Audace (BdN).

Last night I grabbed a bite out to eat and took my last remaining bottle with me. As I think about wines that are really good, they have to excel on more than one occasion, in different settings and contexts. So, I was hopeful last night that this wine would do it, and I shared it with another smart bubbly palate, that of Steve Nordhoff (who I squarely blame for my champagne love that is so much of me now).

This Gerbais did it again, and it seems to really ring with Steve’s palate, too. This drinks with so much pleasure, and what I appreciate about this wine is the expressiveness it displays within the EB realm. As we finished the bottle, Steve was on his phone grabbing a case of it at $44 per from a shop in Napa, which we’ll gladly split.

This is the kind of bubbly, given the price/quality that I am more than happy to fill my cellar with these days. It reminds me of the value of the NV Vilmart Rose…such a pleasure.

• NV Pierre Gerbais Champagne Prestige Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut - France, Champagne (8/17/2017)
    When a wine repeats success over multiple occasions/settings, then I know I have a winner. This wine did it again. This drinks with polish, showing terrific stuffing, with apple, lemon and a rain water note. Drinks beautifully. This was my final bottle, but we found more and another 6 are on the way. This Gerbais is the real deal, and for the price, fantastic.

Posted from CellarTracker

I sure hope the NV L’Osmose is just as tasty.

Russ, me too. I bought a few of the L’Osmose as well.