What to do with shippers?

As it is shipping season, I have a million shippers. What’s the best way of getting rid of these? Anywhere I can take them or just trash? They take up quite a bit of space in the trash can…

There are several retailers in our area that are happy to take my shippers. There’s also a plastics manufacturer about an hour away that can use Styrofoam, so the shippers that are in poor condition go there every so often. All that said my basement is currently full of them.

I drop them off at my local wine store for them to ship out wine for customers. Especially since it is around the holiday season it helps them out and they are always very appreciative

As a wine producer I encourage all my friends to drop them off at my place. More than happy to re-use them!

If wineries would put a UPS label in the box I would be happy to ship the empty container back to them for reuse. Couldn’t cost much to do, could it?

I have certain retailers that will take/re-use. There is also an occasional recycling event put on by the city at a local high school- they take clean styro and recycle.

Landfill should be last resort, IMO. Check with your municipality to see if they have similar recycling options. Same should go for fluorescent bulbs, batteries, etc.

I take them to a local store to reuse.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll call around to the local stores to see who wants them

I use them as gifts to my nieces and nephews. They like to destroy things and I use the money I saved on not buying them real gifts to order more wine. It’s circular and the way God intended.

Andy Raffle taught me how to burn them.

(Seriously, Domaine NJ has kindly taken mine via free pick-up. I am grateful.)

I’m going to make a wall. A huge wall…

Bury them in the desert

Edit: Sorry, my bad. I misread the topic.
Never mind.

Thank you for this. Needed it.

[rofl.gif]

It is interesting to me that I have know some guys locally that would give them to local wine shops and the wine shop thought they were doing them a favor. They are not cheap to purchase. A local wine shop should be thanking them and give them a bottle as a token of thanks.

some even pay a few $ for them, as they should.

John Glas wrote:
It is interesting to me that I have know some guys locally that would give them to local wine shops and the wine shop thought they were doing them a favor. They are not cheap to purchase. A local wine shop should be thanking them and give them a bottle as a token of thanks.
some even pay a few $ for them, as they should.

Alan a few dollars of store credit also work for me.

The shop I give mine to gives me an extra discount from time to time for the boxes. Seeing as how his prices are already so low, I don’t worry about it too much. Plus, if even if I don’t get something from it, I would rather they be used again rather than the cardboard being recycled after one use and the styrofoam be trashed.

:slight_smile: If you near Ohio, I’ll take them too! :slight_smile:

Or you can dissolve them with orange oil and use them for glue. A whole shipper gets reduced to a little jar of goo that makes a really good waterproof glue.