yourwinecellar.biz--beware

placed email order early Sep, quickly confirmed by yourwinecellar. When I didn’t receive product, email correspondence back and forth indicated they really didn’t have it, but would get it soon from supplier. When that didn’t happen and contact was poor, I contacted them about it and received answers like “we have received your inquiry and will be in touch,” but never got an answer to the question: will product be delivered and when? So I initiated refund w them and contact became even more vague with promises to let me know when it was processed, etc. Finally I got an email that they thought it had been processed. Waited another week for confirmation of that–never received–and called credit card company. No refund issued. Started the refund process w credit card company today. It’s been like pulling teeth with this alleged wine store. Caveat emptor. And they still list the product! May be yourwinecellar but won’t be mywinecellar.

That’s what you get for trying to order even MORE wine!!

Don’t you have enough already??

Their physical address seems to be another company?

Their domain is something completely different again although it could be the web hosting company details (although Crescent Moon Productions) don’t seem to be in the business of doing websites and you should never give all three Registrant/Admin/Technical to your webhoster as it gives them full control over the domain including taking it from you in the short term - so unless they are very trusting you would assume that he is the owner of both?

WHOIS
Name: Hugh Robinson
Organization: Crescent Moon Production
Mailing Address: 6050 Peachtree Pkwy, Atlanta Georgia 30092 United States
Email:Hugh@crescentmoonproduction.com

Alan contact the/your local LE.

what’s an LE? Trying to rate them on wine-searcher. Can’t figure out how to do that.

it was bourbon!

Was this Willett?

it was.

“LE” is law enforcement. Call the cops!!

For what? There is no fraud as of yet from the sound of it.

Yes there is. They sold a product they don’t have. It’s not like it was a futures item, and wasn’t advertised as such. Based on the limited info in this thread.

When a retailer sells something they don’t fiscally have in hand, then (in my opinion) they are committing fraud. Even if they have an order for it with a wholesaler. They should wait for the delivery to occur before advertising and selling it.

I concur. Not only did they not have the product, they refused to refund. He had to use his credit card company. At a minimum a fraudulent misrepresentation.

So that would apply to about 3/4 of the businesses in this country who do the same. You’re gonna need a far higher bar to prove fraud from the outset here.

Andy widespread misconduct doesn’t make it any less criminal. The issue was whether they had a reasonable expectation that they would be able to fulfill the order. And if not, whether they would promptly refund. An ancillary question is whether they have a duty to notify the buyer at the outset. My major issue was their seeming refusal to refund and forcing him to go to his credit card company.

They took from Alan’s Wallet and delivered no Willet.

Willett ever arrive?

Side track here.
What do you know about Willett Pot Still Bourbon?
Are there several different products from Willett ?
I have access in 750 and 1.5 liter to the pot still product at very good prices.
Just wanting to find out some info on this.
Thanks Alan.
D

Since it appears that very few have done any business with this vendor, I thought i would post my experience. There was only one, and it was not large (a few hundred dollars), but it was handled to my view perfectly well. When the order was acknowledged, it was made clear that the wine would have to be obtained from a distributor, and a week or so later it was shipped, and received, with no drama whatsoever.

Regrading the question of retailers offering for sale items not in hand, I would note from an industry in which I have significant experience (automotive parts), that if one was not allowed to offer items not in hand but presumably available from another party with whom one has established credit and delivery relations, pretty much nobody would be able to have their car repaired in the USA. This of course does not excuse poor communication or unwillingness to offer a prompt refund when warranted.

Huh? 3/4 of the businesses in the country purport to “sell” goods they don’t have and then refuse to refund the money when they can’t or won’t deliver? Your exposure to the American economy is either exceptionally limited or idiosyncratic or both.

I have no idea what the deal is here or whether this vendor is good bad or indifferent, but as described, the behavior sounds fraudulent to me.