TN: 2014 Peay Vineyards Viognier Estate (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

2014 Peay Vineyards Viognier Estate - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (11/2/2016)
Needs some air, and to come up to low room temp to show itself, then there is nicely intense Viognier fruit, good acidity with some mouthwatering tartness, great umami richness on the finish. Nothing blousy or fat here, just classic Viognier. At 13.4% probably lower than more Rhone versions. Fabulous wine. (94 pts.)

Thanks. Have one bottle each of the 2013 and 2014. The 2013 is for this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Curt

My hands down favorite Viognier regardless of origin. A few years ago at the Family Winemakers event in SF Andy Peay had the 2010 under his table and I was offered a taste as we chatted toward the end of the tasting. He could see I was enamored and sent me home with what was left of the bottle, which was most of it. This is the only Viognier I go out of my way to find each year. Not on their list as this is the only must have for me from Peay, but certainly worth the effort to find in the secondary market.

Thanks Alan, a reminder for me to pick some up on my next Peay order.

Peay viognier is a ‘must buy’ for me… as well as their other whites!!