Ex-top 10 Cornas producers thread?

Perhaps we need a new thread to discuss “our Top 10 Cornas producers”, as I cannot seem to post to the old one anymore.

I got a 97 and a 98 Cornas, La Louvée, from Jean Luc Colombo.
At release, they were black/purple, and very concentrated. Anyone tried them lately ?

-Søren.

It was deleted, by my order, because my biz partner posted it without my permission.

Carry on.

“Ex-top?” Meaning producers that formerly were top quality but are no longer?

No Neal. It was a Top 10 list of the best, that my partner rudely posted without my permission. He knows I don’t post here and I have banned him from posting here ( I am the majority partner, so I can do that) but he still did it. I asked a mod to delete it. Thanks.

I haven’t had a Colombo in years but at least in that era he used a lot of new oak and it was apparent.

Wait, so one person can pull a thread that had valuable contributions from others?

Nothing says “I don’t post here” like posting here.

it’s called having connections. But seriously he took my post from my blog, which is my work and shared it in a place i don’t want it to be shared. Whatever else happens beyond that in the thread is not relevant.

It is unfortunate that this has to be aired out like this but he will not stop posting my material.

My question had nothing to do with your post. I was confused about the title of this thread, which seemed to be about former greats, which was curious to me.

Indeed, “order” it to be done. I had no idea Todd was taking such orders

^ come on- if it is indeed his private material and was posted without permission, then Todd has an obligation to take it down when requested.

I completely agree. Delete anything posted against the author’s wishes. That doesn’t mean the whole thread has to go, or that member A gets to “order” the contributions of members B through Z be vaporized

Exactly, delete the offending post only. At the end of the day, the material is on Lyle’s freakin website for everyone to see. Mods could have just linked it. It’s not like this was some confidential, secret material.

Just Google, “Lyle Fass Top Ten Cornas according to me”.

Neal,

The original post led to a discussion. The original post was a list posted without my permission. It sounds like you have an issue with the software which is above my paygrade. I don’t think you can delete an original post without zapping everything else below it.

Look what I just did

neal,

I don’t follow

Well, he obviously doesn’t want his content here, and I have zero problem with honoring his request to snip it. But that isn’t what happened

The content of the post could have been vaporized while leaving the thread below it intact

Gents, please…no need for this. Lyle reached out to me with the “request”. His choice of words may not be the best, but a long enough relationship with an individual allows one to act as translator.

He obviously does not want his material posted on WB. His minority partner seems to have gone rogue once again and posted without his consent. Lyle wanted the material deleted. I deleted it.

Done, over with, sitck a fork in it.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.