La Pitchoune?

I’m heading to a wine dinner at Momotaro (Chicago) tomorrow evening and it will be featuring La Pitchoune wines. Not much online about them that I could find. Has anyone tasted anything from this winery?

Andrew Berge makes (he also makes Spell wines) in the same custom crush I work in. Most lots are submerged cap ferments and the fruit is brought in healthy and not over-ripe. Good vineyard sources, too. I haven’t tasted much but I want to.
My kind of winemaker.
Best, Jim

Thanks Jim.

If his wines are anything like yours, I’m in for a treat.

I’ve had four and they were all good. I should have taken better notes or should I say any notes. Nothing we tasted we we over done, not a lot of new oak-if any and well balanced. The chard was very good and the three pinots were all distinctly different. They aren’t cookie cutter wines and both my wife and I thought they were very nice. I think you will enjoy the dinner.

JD

I appreciate your thoughts John. Thanks for chiming in.

Tried the 2014 line-up from Spell Estate.

See notes here: Millennial Drinkers

Got a chance to talk with Andrew and it seems like La Pitchoune focuses more on the distinction in character between vineyards, lower alcohol content and grapes picked a little earlier than the Spell Estate wines he makes.