Latest Cult Wine Release...

At least, if you’re not into $800 NapaVlly Cabs, this can be considered a cult wine by some of us.
Just got the (snail) mail (now…how quaint is that??), the latest Organaleptics #92, with Steve’s latest offer.
As you might expect, it’s not yet up on his WebSite (either the Newsletter #92 or the order click-bait). So if you want to order, use e-mail: info@EdmundsStJohn.com.

Heart of Gold 2015 $22
Bone-Jolly GamayNoir 2015 $23
Rocks&Gravel 2015 $29
NorthCanyonRoad Syrah 2013 $33

The HoG is always a no-brainer…terrific white at a great price. It’ll age, too. Like most cult wines, you need to move fast. These wines will receive scores in the upper-70’s to low-80’s from the Monktown WA and are sure to sell out fast.

This is his last vintage of R&G from UntiVnyd, they no longer have the xtra fruit to sell. So, with this release, all his fruit is now being sourced from ElDoradoCnty. The really/really good news is that Steve’ll be getting Tempranillo/Grenache/Graciano/Mourvedre from…TaDa…AnnKraemer’s ShakeRidgeVnyd down near SutterCreek, one of the most special of vnyds in AmadorCnty. I’m jazzed…Steve, too.
Tom

Time to follow the rule - buy a case of Rocks & Gravel.

Tom,

You are one funny dude…

Yep, great wines that continue to fall under the radar - and wines that we KNOW age beautifully (I can still smell that 94 Zin he poured a few years back at the Woodshed Dinner).

That Heart of Gold is a fantastic wine year in and out and a great value as well. And glad to hear he is getting Shake Ridge stuff - though my guess is his cost of grapes just went up a bit :slight_smile:

Cheers

I’ve never had any of the wines. Do they sell direct? I was looking at the web site and there’s no indication of direct sales, just a list of distributors.

Email him. See OP

Roger this, Rickie. Depends upon where you live, though. But Steve does do direct sales.
Tom

Thanks!

Thanks, Tom. Where is the North Canyon Road vineyard?

I assume the loss of Unti’s fruit means that Unti is selling more of its wines. Nice to hear that, even if it’s a loss to Steve Edmunds.

John,
This is a 66% Fenaughty/33% Barsotti blend. So a single ElDorado Syrah from AppleHill area.

Yeah…the Unti folks are now going to be taking all that fruit that Steve used to get.
Tom

Can’t really assume that. Could just as easily be that Unti is selling to someone else who is willing to pay more…?

Sincerely doubt it, Greg. Steve and GeorgeUnti have had very good relations over the yrs. I highly doubt he would sell out
to a higher bidder. After all…UntiVnyd is not ToKalonVnyd.
Tom

Good to hear that Tom. So maybe in this case you CAN assume it. But you know what they say about assuming…

George Unti and Steve Edmunds have sung each other’s praises in separate conversations I’ve had with them.

There is an article about him and his wines in the newest View from the Cellar.

A new article? John did one a few years ago based largely on a tasting some of us had with him at his house.

Thanks for the reminder, Tom!