Who did you use for wine cellar design

My question is not so much about building it but when you had your vision of what you wanted it to look like who did you have do your drawings professionally? I need to get some drawings for my builder to know where the venting needs to be plumbed for. There are so many choices, I just need a drawing and possibly to purchase the racking etc from in the future. Let’s see if there is a company or person that you all highly recommend. Thanks!!!

I went with Craig Beazley and associates and I would never use them again.

yeah thats my thinking, If I set it up myself I may never use myself again for wine room design :slight_smile:

Mine is early unfinished basement chic, so I can’t help.

I just did my second in garage wine-room (new house) and I am perfectly happy with it. However I am sort of function over form to a large degree. The newer house garage is better suited for it than my old house as well which is a plus. Does not nearly get as hot with a full living space above it, so basic venting into the garage isn’t such an issue.

I forget his name but it was the same dude who designed Jenga.

Just the opposite: I used my own brain - and I´m very happy with it, regarding the budget costs … it would fit perfectly my needs …
… if I only would carefully keep my inventory up-to-date ( [cry.gif] )

• but that´s not the fault of the design …

I designed and built it myself. My only regret is not using the extra bedroom my wife offered for it, instead I built it in a much more reasonably sized area.

Me. And I may have to rethink continuing my contract.
IMG_0488.JPG

Thanks for some laughs everyone but does Anybody have some names of companies they used besides themselves?

I’m currently working on a cellar project with my step dad. Will post pics if I can ever figure out how (can anyone help?) we did the design ourselves but purchased racks from WineRacksAmerica. They can do a racking design for you and I imagine a compete design if you ask.

thanks Trevor for the reference.

I can second wineracksamerica. My cellar is fairly simple and utilitarian, just 4’ X 17’ with one door and a sloped ceiling. The folks at wineracksamerica (Rori, I believe) took my initial plan and improved upon it, then worked directly with my contractor for all the small details with the racks, spec’ing out the cooling unit and the proper exhaust/vent. They were very professional and my contractor was duly impressed.

We recently had a cellar designed and built by Classic Cellars (Steve Goldstein) http://www.classiccellar.com/

They did a great job, but I am not sure that they do any work beyond the DC area.

Likewise, a very good experience.