TN: 2014 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru "Morgeot"

• 2014 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru “Morgeot” - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (10/30/2016)

Different of the others that I admire in Burgundy. Here we have an assertive wine, big and exiting, exploding in the glass with ripe citrus fruit and delicious acidity. Ramonet has no equals : it is unique and magnificent. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Morgeot or Boudriotte? Isn’t Boudriotte red?

Boudriotte Is a red wine, and quite enjoyable in better vintages.

Sorry it was Morgeot ! Think Morgeot is white and red and Boudriotte white @ Ramonet?

Not sure whether there is a red too, but I’ve only ever had white Boudriotte by Ramonet, while I’ve had both red and white Morgeot.

I had the Morgeot when I was in Burgundy this summer. Really good as Barry says. It was white.

Boudriotte is also both red and white. FWIW. The red Boudriotte is wonderful.

Anyone have the 2012 Morgeot recently? Thanks.

Still waiting on my '14s but the 11 was delicious.

Sounds very good Barry. '14 whites are superb.

Haven’t had the '12 Morgeot but have had the '12 Batard, Boudriotte Blanc and Vergers all within the last year Jeff. All are drinking well.

The white is labelled by Ramonet “Boudriotte” - and the red “Clos de la Boudriotte” …
the white is excellent to outstanding, the red usually very good …

Had a Close de la Boudriotte 2009 (red) this Saturday, it was already open for business though a few more years will certainly improve it.

I’m a bit surprised that the 2014 Boudriotte is already enjoyable. I had a 2013 village recently and it was pretty tight.

Alain

I felt the '14 white Boudriotte, while clearly displaying its exceptional pedigree, was still quite tight and somewhat ungiving back in August.

Yes, the Clos de la Boudriotte is the red cuvée, whereas the white is just labelled “Boudriotte”. My understanding is that they come from two distinct lieu dits which are both entitled to be sold as Boudriotte.

Morgeot is in both red and white, with only the color of the crest and capsule differing.

2014 seems like a solid vintage chez Ramonet (as it ought to be), and an exciting moment as a number of new cuvées have entered the line-up. I’m told we should expect to see a few more in the next couple of years too!

Has anyone tried the 2014 Bourgogne Blanc? The 13, a great wine for its level, was bottled with really nasty plastic corks, so I have been working through my case pretty aggressively. Keen to know if the same treatment will be required for the 14, or if I can leave that in cellarage for a few years before attacking it in earnest.

Nice though Ramonet’s Morgeot is, the ultimate rendition these days, pace Barry, has to be Alex Moreau’s.

I actually had three 2014 Morgeots when I was in Burgundy this summer - one from Ramonet, one from Moreau and one from Drouhin. All three were outstanding. You cannot go wrong with any of them.

Chassagne-Montrachet is complicated: there are 6 lieu-dits that can be called Boudriotte - plus Boudriotte itself can be sold as Morgeot …
[shock.gif]

Ramonets white B. comes actually from “Fairendes” - and the red from B. itself - hence the “Clos …” (2.22 ha)