TN: 1985 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut Vintage Reserve (France, Champagne)

Tried out the new Water Grill in Costa Mesa tonight. A really nice addition to OC. Zero corkage. The stone crab claws were excellent. The little neck clams a notch under Connie and Ted in LA.

Champagne is excellent with the frito misto.

• 1985 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut Vintage Reserve - France, Champagne (10/28/2016)
    The darker one of my 2 bottles. Started a bit warm and oxidized. Very dark yellow in color, almost orange. A bit of caramel, honey, and brown sugar on the nose. After 30 minutes of additonal air and chill it picks some some acidity and exhibits some Krug-like balance between oxidized notes and acidity. The mousse is fading and it might be past peak for some, but this is drinking remarkably well tonight for me. Very much looking forward to the next bottle.

Posted from CellarTracker
image.jpeg

You can say that again! Great note -

it’s open!? Replaced Scott’s which I really enjoyed. And I do love C&T. Thanks for the heads up.

It’s open and pretty busy on the weekends. They did a great job on the space too.

85 Veuve gold label was a great wine–haven’t had it in years–Veuve fell off the map for me.