Turley Cabernet Release - Nov 14th

Keep an eye on your inbox Monday, November 14th! We’ll be releasing the 2014 Turley Cabernet Sauvignons, and if last year is any indication, the wines will move quickly.

Best not to blink, or there won’t be much left to drink!

Old Vines Young Love,
Turley Wine Cellars

Looking for some input on the Turley Cabs?

I liked them. I thought they drank well even young. Classic cab flavors.
The Turley branded ones are far better than their early releases known as “The Label” which I didn’t care much for.

Do you remember what they charged for last years offerings?

I think $44.

$44 for the Estate last year and $65 each for the Dragon and Montecillo. Have not tried any of them yet…but will rectify that before the next offer.

I think I was only offered the Estate, but after looking at the other two vineyards, I hope I can get my hands on some of those as well.

Ordered Turley for the first time on the last release. Taxes and shipping came up to almost $100 on a case. Might need to try the last release before jumping in and getting more.

On a side note, I thought it was unusual to get charged sales tax being out of state. Maybe that’s the way it is suppose to be?

Yes, that’s the way it’s supposed to be … In order to legally ship to TX, a winery has to get a permit from the state and remit TX sales tax. If there’s any good news, I think they’re only required to pay the state tax of 6.25% and not the local sales taxes that can add another couple of points.

Feh. Was at the inaugural release tasting. And each one thereafter (I visit the tasting room several times a year).

Feh? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Has anyone received their offer yet? I got the “Save the Date” e-mail in October, but have received nothing today.

Nothing yet.

Delayed until tomorrow.

Just got the email, any recommendations?

Bad timing with the Bedrock release today, but I placed my order for these as well.

Tried the 13 Dragon last week to get a sense if I wanted to order this go around. Great structure and balance…just needs quite a bit of time. All the elements are there to round into shape. That said…placed my order for all wines offered. Darn good pricing for Napa cabs.

I was offered only the Estate cab. Any idea how long it takes to make the cut for the other Cabs? I joined the list this summer and purchased in the fall.

Don’t know. I have been with them since day 1 (and this is their second release if you discount the old “Label” line). The allocations of the VD wines is small with an opportunity to wish. I would just write them and ask. Price differential is minimal.

I bought the “Label” release and then these last two of the Estate. Never offered anything but the Estate.

Nope, you’ll get the opportunity to pay all county/city sales tax too. The Texas State Comptroller makes sure they get all their tax money!