Can anyone recommend a QUIET under cabinet wine fridge?

I want to put a small under cabinet fridge in a family room where we spend a lot of time. Low noise is the number one concern. I’m hoping not to spend too much on it, but will spend what is necessary for low noise. Brand or model recommendations?
Thanks,

Timely topic for me too so I’ll be looking forward to any feedback people have.

Scott

My 20 year old U-Line Wine Cooler has been very quiet with no problems, holds about 60 bottles.

This built in or stand alone. Will be adding a wine fridge to our kitchen and need reco’s

Built in under counter.

+1

We have a Kitchenaid one that came with our house, and the only time I’ve noticed noise from it is when the coils needed to be cleaned. I’m not a huge fan of it overall, but noise hasn’t been an issue.

Sub-Zero, not cheap, but then high quality never is. Look for a floor sample as that will save you some money. I have had the 48 bottle model in my kitchen for 4 years with no issues and very quiet.

We have a Marvel Pro and it’s solidly built and runs very quiet.

I have had one of these for going on seven years. I am sure it makes a noise, but I have never noticed it. So far it has been trouble free and actually holds about 65 bottles, more than the listed 50, if you stack them right. Can’t beat the $399 price.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-50-Bottle-Wine-Cooler-Stainless-Door-MCWC50DST/100597196

One that is NOT quiet - Vinotemp (built-in, holds about 60 bottles). It runs great, no problems after quite a few years, holds temp very well but every time it cuts off the wife lets out a big sigh.

I wouldn’t recommend the Magic Chef from Home Depot. I just got the beverage cooler model a couple months ago and I’m disappointed that it’s louder than my old wine fridge (which wasn’t anything fancy either). I have a relatively open floor plan – it’s in my kitchen, and I can hear it in my living room 25(ish) feet away. I probably heard the old one too – but this is noticeably louder and definitely not “QUIET” as you’re looking for. If I’m watching TV, I don’t hear it. But if the kids are to bed, the TV is off, and I’m just reading, it is noisy.

Home Depot sells a 50-bottle unit from Magic Chef under their own Vissani brand that we bought for our son and then bought a second one for ourselves. It’s not specifically an “undercounted” as it is an enclosed case, but it will look fine in a space with the right size opening or one that can be trimmed out.

It is listed at $399 but seems to go on sale often. HD will sometimes do extra markdowns On a store by store basis too. We paid $299 for ours and only around $265 for our son’s. Our sits in our kitchen eating area and the only time I’m even aware that it’s running is late at night when everything is completely quiet and it cycles on.

BTW, I did a search here on WB and found good reviews of it before buying the first one.

That unit, or your unit?

Monograms are quiet and hassle free IMHO.

This. Knock on wood, but I have one going flawlessly in its 11th year.

I own three of these going back 8 years now. I used to be able to hear one of them at times but that was when I lived alone and could still hear.

The LeCache Loft 400 is not quiet.

Thanks all for sharing your advice. I will take a look at the recommended units.