Cantina Roberto Voerzio Sold?

Rumors flying all over Piedmont. Maybe a large corporation?

Did you have signals from private sources Ken? Any sign in the public space yet?

The only thing of possible relevance that I could see published on the net within the last few days is the pretty good summary of the general trends at the moment that I link to below and where it is mentioned in passing that Voerzio has lost his lease for Capalot. But you are evidently talking about something bigger than that.

https://www.meininger.de/en/wine-business-international/capitalism-comes-barolo

Only rumors. Only private sources. Only denials from Roberto.

OK. Thanks! Please keep us posted if you pick up any further news.

Allthough the wines have been labelled / stigmatized here as modern, they are not undrinkable. Far from
Interesting news. Who is next?

When I mentioned the possibility of “a large corporation” to Bill Klapp, he suggested it might the Coca Cola Corp, “since he uses more or less the same formula”. [snort.gif]

Klapp is a gem.

[rofl.gif]

Pernod Ricard is the rumor here…

Source not entirely reliable though…

Ha thats funny.
Miss him here
I had the 2012 Rocche dell’Annunziata and it was better than I thoght it could possible be. Maybe expectations were pretty low :wink:

Walter Speller, who was my original source for this story, now says “all-clear for Roberto Voerzio: rumours of sale to Pernod-Ricard turn out to be not true”.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Same. I expected something much different.

Well, at least the rumor was a nice excuse to post Bill K’s quip.

Or as someone said on another site, “the deal fell through”. [stirthepothal.gif]