You ever drink DRC by yourself?

For me…I’d have NO problem sippin on one by my lonesome…in fact, if a friend of mine doesn’t show up tomorrow like he said he would…I think I’ll be doing just that!! :stuck_out_tongue:

How about you? If so…what bottle?

Well, I can’t afford, or don’t wish to pay the premium for DRC, so no.

Ballas have.

Drinking verset without me. Then drc? We might have issues soon. :wink:

DRC is above my pay grade, but I have done so with Yquem!

No backsies m’fkr I’m coming over. I should be there around 3ish

That is pretty balla as well!

I took Brian’s question to be of more general application than specifically DRC. Would you drink one of your cellar treasures alone?

I’d say 95% of my best wines I drink with others, at least with my wife. But I don’t have any conceptual or actual problem with once in awhile just treating myself to a very good bottle. I love the sharing part of wine, but sometimes I’m home alone or something, or maybe nobody wants to drink with me that night, and I don’t have any problem at all with having some good wine in that (rare) situation. I wouldn’t reach for Haut Brion or something in that situation (I have maybe 5 bottles total), but I don’t think I have to drink only low-end stuff either.

Actually, home alone night usually means Bordeaux or Loire cab franc for me, since I love those, my wife doesn’t, so it’s a good time to drink them when I’m solo.

If someone tastes DRC alone, in a forest, was it tasted?

Ive never done that and most likely will continue to share DRC and other top of the line wines with at least another. I do not hesitate to open up a gem if Im in the mood and it`s just me as I do with some older Williams Selyem Pinots, champagne and white Burgs.

What if it was served after Dauvissat La Forest?

This question is too hypothetical to even think about!

have done, will do again. La Tache over a solo evening, no chili.

If I recall, La Tache was capable of inducing the vinous equivalent of yogic levitation for Alan. If I had any in the cellar, I’d be willing to give it a shot.

But I usually aim to open my best bottles with friends.

I have mistakenly once, drunkenly opening a '99 Ech. which I then mostly left. At least it was still good the next day!

Usually try to drink them with burg. loving friends, we are having an '06 GE tomorrow for a mates 40th.

He showed up! …so did my wife! :wink:
IMG_1800.JPG

Does showing a bottle of DRC decanting in front of cases of Screaming Eagle qualify as “baller”? [drinkers.gif]

Just so there’s no confusion, I went ahead and updated the term ‘ballah’ on Wikipedia with this picture :slight_smile:

Great stuff as always Buzz. Love seeing/hearing your wide range of tasting notes. Cheers to drinking well man!

I’m more of a PBR guy. But I’m willing to share. Occasionally.

Never!

My wife really enjoys wine, wouldn’t drink an excellent wine without sharing it with her!