Ridge Vineyards wines today at Safeway.

Thanks to the Wine Beserkers Board and whoever posted about the Safeway sales, I’m still pinching myself. It would never occur to me to buy wine from them. After reading about these sales I asked at the Market Street, SF location about them and got a blank stare, I guess no advance info is given, or maybe it was in their flier. I see better prices back East but I paid $38.00 for the 2014 Geyserville from K&L, The 2014 Estate Chardonnay is $48.00 from them. Today, with the 6 pack discount and 30% off I walked off with the last 2 bottles of 2014 Geyserville, 2 of only a few 2014 Lytton left (same price point) and the last 2 bottles of the 2014 Estate Chardonnay. The tarriff: (including tax) $127.00.

Doesn’t it feel good when you feel like you got a good deal? Wine tastes so much better :slight_smile:

It doesn’t taste better but I do love Ridge Vineyards wines. Also, though I do love white wines too, after finishing the last of my 2009 Ridge Estate Chardonnay (so fine), I didn’t want to pop for the wine at the going price. Narrow minded, I’ll admit, but I, for the most part, want to spend less than for red.

Your welcome! :slight_smile:

Some ludicrous deals to be had if you live in a neighborhood where they stock high end stuff

Who woulda thunk “grocery store wine” would be Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 1998 for $85 ??

+1 on you are welcome! :slight_smile:

I will look for the 2014 Lytton because I have not yet seen them at Safeway. Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks,
Ed

Thank you, Señor Buzzini

Leonard they must have screwed up on the checkout. No way you could have walked with those 6 bottles for $127. Even with the extra 10%, the Zins are still $33 per bottle.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing

He mentioned a 6 pack discount and a 30% discount. If you take 30% from that 33 number you get 23 a bottle.

Yes, its 30%. My Vons doesn’t carry the Geyserville, the Lytton Springs or the Estate Cab any more, so I’m out of luck.

Nick, then again the checker screwed up. Safeway is always running this deal of “30% off” with the extra 10% for a 6 pk. There are very few true deals to be has as they begin with their own version of retail ($53 for Ridge Zins when the winery full retail is $40) which in the vast majority gives you a “sale” price that is still a few $ more than most. An exception being Roederer Anderson Valley bubbles for $15 on a 6 pack buy.

The Geyserville and Lytton are a little over $33 with the 10% discount at my local Safeway in Danville. In the past they have been lower, under $28. The Estate Chardonnay is over $40 with the discount. They have the ‘retail’ price listed at $63 or so!

Thanks,
Ed

When I’ve looked, the Geyserville and LS have been in the $26-28 range with the full discount (30% sale plus 10% six-pack). The 30% sale is periodic; it doesn’t run all the time.

Recently got some Geyserville from Total Wine at $28/bottle with a 6 pack price.

Almost every big grocery store here in Portland will give you cost +10% on wine when you buy a case.

Fred Meyer has done this for a while now.

Craig, it seems like everytime I go into the Redwood City Safeway they have the 30% + 10% sale on. But to come back to my original point, $127 for 6 bottles of Ridge works out to less than $20/btl pre-tax and the Chard is more expensive than the Zin. Leonard should be happy, but somebody screwed up.

Wish I could find lytton and geyserville for 20 a bottle. I’d buy several cases of each lol

Man such a good deal. I thought I was stealing it at $27.01/pretax on six.

Market is key. Definitely found killer deals when I lived in DC. Micro neighborhoods like McLean Safeway/Total/Giant- screaming deals in context of our little corner of the interwebs.

If you actually live in DC, say Cleveland Park - they’re on to you, but yes, high-rent bedroom communities are key.

Also, I digress a bit, but I find it interesting that west coast reverence for Ridge is on the same level as say Carlisle/Bedrock for us east siders. Count me in as a Ridge fanboi, but here in the midAtlantic, it’s been grocery store wine dating back to when I first started getting into wine. Hasn’t changed much here as far as price and distribution.