K&L wines (California) - to cease shipment to New York

As of yesterday, K&L wines cannot ship wines to New York.

According to their website.

We can NOT ship to the following states:

If you are ordering alcoholic beverages to be shipped to one of the following states…
AR, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV
…we won’t be able to accept your order over the Internet. Please call (800) 247-5987 for more information.

Not familiar with K&L
Do they have items you can’t get somewhere else?

Join the club… Haven’t been able to get anything here in NJ for a while.

Yes, they have an old and rare list, along with their auctions.

It is an outstanding retailer. Excellent collection and top notch service.

Interesting that they cannot take the order ‘over the internet’ but instead ask you to call. Does that mean they can take it if you call?

If they use a 3rd party shipper that can ship to the state they can’t ship to. Over the phone they present that option. Of course that increase cost.

They stopped shipping to pa years ago. A shame because they used to be my go to wine store

This is news to me here in WA. I received a shipment from them last month and just mailed a shipment to them for auction. I wonder if they are just putting the responsibility on the client and shipping anyway?

I have about 15 cases on pre-arrival so we will see.

Did you read the original post? It said “as of yesterday”. I called them today, and KL said that UPS would no longer pick up packages to the aforementioned states and that anything en route will be returned to California. Fed Ex will still pick up packages, but you will be limited to the states it can ship to. Another sucker punch to consumers, and getting sick of this system where you can be in a country that is legal to ship guns but heaven forbid you want a Musigny!

Wow, that’s 34 states they can’t ship to. It’s getting crazy. Hate to get political, but it should make you think twice about all the other corruption that is going on in your government.

^ LOL

Time to start a winery call Real 'merican Guns.
The first cuvee will be Assault Rifle, and surely every state will welcome incoming shipment, no questions asked and no taxes levied.

FYI shooting from the hip results in poor accuracy.

Confused…what is the difference between UPS no longer picking up wines to those states they won’t ship to and Fed Ex only picking up packages for states they can ship to? Isn’t that the same thing? Each will only ship wines to the states they can ship to and will no longer ship wines to the states they cannot ship to. Unless I am missing something.

No you read it incorrectly. Marcus used the cool italics emphasis, which you clearly missed. Otherwise you totally would have been in on the snark. Don’t worry though, as it’s not that exclusive of a club.

Call me confused too. I was told that UPS is not picking up packages at all from them, whereas FedEx still is. I’m only going by what I was told.

Oh, I thought you said you were told that UPS is not picking up wines at all “to the aforementioned states”, not that they are not picking up wines at all to anywhere.

Better to call the winery “Common Sense” and make the first release “Tea in the Harbour”.

Called K&L and was told that UPS not picking up any wines for shipment anywhere at this time, and as of now Fed Ex is still picking up shipments (and it did not sound as if there were any new restrictions as to state than before) but that “that could change at any time”. They sounded as in the dark as I am.