TN: 2013 Two Vintners Syrah Some Days are Stones Stoney Vine Vineyard

Posted from CellarTracker

My wife and I love this wine - just the right amount of funky character from the Stones - well made and also a really good value IMO. We bought six and laid four of them down to see how they age.

I’ve liked many two vintners, but couldn’t really handle the lack of any evident acidity in this one.

Michael

I’d like to try a bottle or two from Two Vintners, is the only way to buy this direct from them via email? Even their website doesn’t say much on pricing.

Nice note. I was recently very, very impressed with a Two Vintners Zinfandel. Very fun winery to follow.

Yeah, I was a little miffed with their website too. I have been able to secure this particular bottle through Full Pull Wines every year (so far).

Eric,

Email Morgan at morgan@twovintners.com

I’ve ordered wine directly from him a few times. Not only does he make great wine but he’s a terrific guy to boot. He’ll hook you up!!

Will do, good looking out!

Opened my second bottle of this yesterday and decanted about four hours prior to serving. This bottle showed even better than what I remember about the first one. Such a great combination of fruit and savories with the savory side dominating slightly. So much going on - it has a very complex nose and palate - for me, it was tough to pin down a lot of it, but a swirling mix of briny olive and cured meats definitely come through. I am going to wait three years before I open another one.

For folks who like this wine, Full Pull just offered a rocks syrah made by Morgan Lee of Two Vintners as part of their in-house winery program. It’s actually a little pricier than what I paid for the Two Vintners version, but I asked for a bottle anyway.

Michael

Has Two Vintners released the 2014 already? Last year they didn’t release the 2013 until January. I imagine the price will be going up with the 2014 based on the 95 WS score on the 2013 plus the relatively low production. Cheers!