THE 2013 STONES NO. 2 Cab Offering

3 bottle set @975 - ouch!

In my dreams, prices like that. Oh well, at least I have some beautiful views to look at, season in and season out. They say you can’t have everything…why not? [cheers.gif]

Just signed up yesterday based on a Commerce Corner post and immediately got an offering. Only three packs. Easy pass. I just cannot fathom how people charge $300 for a wine with a one year track record. Similarly, I remain skeptical of the first wine’s Parker rating. There are now so many 100-point wines out there that it isn’t very exciting or difficult to try to acquire one. When it comes to California over the past decade and a half, I am not sure who has demonstrated worse judgment, Parker or The winemakers who’ve bent to his style.

2013 rating’s across the board were off the charts, I did pull the trigger on Stones 1. purely on ratings and the name behind it. That said, say what we want about the Parker and the winemakers, I think as buyers we’ve certainly supported the market and continue to do so. So unless the wallet habit changes i doubt the producers will make a change. Would love to know what the winemakers or ITB’s think of that.

I’m guilty as charged chasing deadhorse and after the 2013 season making a conscious decision to diversify my portfolio. Currently 97% California weighted…

If it’s so easy to get on the list doesn’t that mean prices will come down when they start releasing their inventory to wholesale and retail? Seems like there are more than a few 2012’s already below release price.

Didn’t WineLibrary pay $100,000 for 60 bottles of this at Premiere Napa auction? I know most of the wine sold at that auction are typically one off blends but wasn’t sure about this one since it has the same name.