Need Champagne for house bubbly - Any rec's?

Looking for Champagne around the $35 price range. Give or take a little bit on the price, but around that price. Just need a decent “house” Champagne for daily “whenever” drinking. Anyone have any good recommendations for what’s currently available in the market? If it helps I can easily get anywhere in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas to pick up if available at a retail store.

Thanks

I love champagne and drink it often, but I wait until ons of the wines I love is on sale, as I wouldn’t want to load up on just one wine. Recent purchases in that range include the Bereche BdB, Paul Bara rose, Coutier brut rose, Franck Bonville BdB, Goutorbe Prestige, and Laherte Freres bdb nature

I like Launois Blanc de Blanc at that price.

There are American and French Roederers in that range.

Laurent-Perrier, Deutz, the list is large!

I cheat and go to K&L online and browse. They have good notes and great prices!

1 Like

Lallier Grand Cru NV is quite good for the money.

My wife and I enjoy the Laurent-Perrier and the Pommery Brut Royal at the $35 price point.

Thanks,
Ed

I occasionally go on extended kicks where I drink almost exclusively one thing for weeks on end. Right now I’m on a 2.5 month Champagne run and have consumed copious quantities including a week long trip to Paris and Lyon where we powered thru 3 to 5 bottles a day. Have been drinking a Lot in this price range. In addition to the wines mentioned above (especially the Bereche, Paul Bara and Laherte Freres) I would add Veuve Founry et Fils, Pierre Paillard, Christophe Mignon, Jean Vessele, Nathalie Vignier and Andre Clouet. All of these are available in the $30-$40 range when on sale and some are available in that range at standard pricing.

It isn’t champagne and it isn’t french, but it is really hard to beat Mumm Napa for a daily drinker. I stock up when it goes on sale for $15. It always seems to hit the spot.

This is phenomenal.

Moutard is very good around that price and, depending on your market, so is the Henriot ‘Souverain’ that’s mentioned in a current thread.

Our go to house champagne, you can find it for $35 online and at some stores.

Vazart Coquart et Fils Reserve Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru NV

It’s made with over 30% reserve wines so there some instant depth without aging the bottle.

In our area Roederer NV is reasonably priced. It has been our house Champagne for 4-5 years. I buy a few cases each each year. I also buy 6 bottles of anything else that looks interesting to explore new stuff.

Moutard and Clouet fit this.

Savart?

Chartogne Taillet Cuvee St. Anne is excellent and around that price.

The previously mentioned Christophe Mignon (100% pinot meunier) also punches well above its weight class.

Thanks for all the rec’s so far! I’ll see what’s easily available around me.

Veuve Fourny is a good Champagne at that price.

Off of the top of my head:
Aubry Brut
Chartogne-Taillet St. Anne
Diebolt-Vallois Tradition
Gaston Chiquet Brut
J. Lassalle Reserve (also known as Cachet d’Or) and Imperial Preference
Vueve Fourny Reserve, Brut Nature and BdB

Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve tends to be a crowd pleaser, don’t know retail price in the US though.

No idea on your pricing but the ones we always have are:

Lilbert (NV and Perle)
Péters Extra Brit
Diebolt-Vallois Prestige

Agree. I love the Moutard rose. See my thread re the Souverain for notes.