Wine-Searcher getting rid of Classified Ads - anyone want to join forces?

Yaacov told me that Wine-Searcher is getting rid of their classified ads - not sure why they are, but regardless, perhaps there’s a niche to fill in the classified market that would allow Wine Berserkers’ Commerce Corner to expand.

That said, I have no time to put together an effective project like this, so I’m asking 1) if you all think it is something worthwhile, a wine-centric classifieds that expands Commerce Corner to a broader audience, and 2) if anyone wants to join forces and spearhead such a project…

I’m sure the reason why they are stopping and why WineCommune stopped the same thing is because it is illegal for non-licensed people to sell alcohol. You don’t want to be in this business.

DIng a ling ling. That’s why wine commune shut down all sales access by California residents as well.

Not under the new “agent” model. As long as licensee processes transaction and ships the wine, a “marketing fee” due the “agent” is legal. So, anyone can “sell” a bottle of wine as long as the aforementioned criteria are met.

Todd, do you have a license to ship alcohol? If so, the next question is why would somebody already established drop a service like this? There’s gotta be a reason, and it’s probably that they weren’t making enough money.

If you don’t have a license, how do you look in orange? Because you’d have a numbered jumpsuit waiting for you.

Doesn’t that assume a duly licensed seller actual ships the wine as opposed to private to private sales?

I’ll take it on, but I need to change my name to ^^1chae1 ^^8rt1n

That was awesome.

So… you’re looking for a fall guy, Todd? [tease.gif]

Hi Andrew - absolutely. That said, I assumed this was merely a classifieds section which would be akin to an “agent model” for Todd where private sales consumer to consumer are allowed and no possession of the wine is taken.

Love the dramatic delivery but the numbered jumpsuit comment was a bit overkill.