Mending Wall Fall Release - Tuesday October 18th

Lineup below. I’ll probably pass on the Cabs…but I’m 1000% in for the PS. On the fence with the Mortar and Stone - does anyone know what grapes are in the blend? The description sounds tasty, but would love to hear some feedback on it…

2012 Mending Wall Cabernet Sauvignon
2013 Mending Wall Cabernet Sauvignon
2014 Mending Wall Cabernet Sauvignon
2014 Mending Wall Petite Sirah
2014 Mending Wall Mortar and Stone

PS, Zin and Syrah

Interesting that they are still selling the '12 and '13 Cab.

The PS was one of the more memorable bottles of wine I’ve had this year. Glad I have more hidden deep deep in the cellar.

In that case…count me in for some of that as well :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’m in for the Petite Sirah. The 13 was amazing and it’s gonna sleep for some time. For those who have not tasted it, the source is the same as Carlisle’s Palisades. The stuff is darker then pen ink, is packed with so much intensity, structure and flavor, it’s hard to think of a wine that can show like this one did last vintage. if you dig Petite Sirah, and some do around here, get some.

I’ll be grabbing some of the PS as well. That stuff is just amazing…one of those bottles that makes you want to do some further investigation of the source vineyard. I ended up taking a low cost WineBid flyer on a bottle of '02 Carver-Sutro PS Palisades because of it.

Ha! I snagged an 01 from WB as well based on the good name of the Palisades Vineyard :slight_smile:

My good man!

I’ll be in for a couple of the cabs, plus I really dig the Stone on Stone which is a sauv blanc/semillon blend. Not so sure about the PS - I’ve only had a couple PS wines and was not sucked in by them.

Mortar and stone is great drinking wine, something to tide you over while waiting for the Petite Sirah. i’m excited to see the 2013 cab offered again, I should’ve bought more last year

I opened a '13 cab last night. Man is it good.

How are you going to balance 13 purchases with the 14? Have you been able to taste the 14 yet? Was wondering how it compares as I got to taste the 13 in the tasting room last year. Great stuff. The petite is amazing as well - might have been my favorite of the tasting that day.

I just signed up for their listing hoping to try the PS you are all raving about. Do they actually have a waitlist or do you think I will get in on the 18th? Should I contact them? Thoughts?

Call and tell them you’re a Wineberserker. champagne.gif

That’ll get you banned! No wine for you! [wow.gif]

Anyone in SoCal want to consolidate a delivery? I could only go for 3 PS and the shipping was quite pricey.

I’ve had the Cabernet 13’, and Mortar & Stone 14’.
I personally was way more impressed with the Mortar & Stone. Bought a few bottles at the winery. Bought a few more on Release last week.
Got my hands on PS 14’ as well. They didn’t have any 13’ remaining when I was there.

After drinking so much Cabernet. Mortar & Stone is a very nice change of pace.

Love hearing that! Very excited to try the brick and mortar when it finally cools off enough to ship here in AZ.

I bought way more than I thought.
3 Cabernet 2012
3 Cabernet 2013
6 Petite Sirah 2014

And Nine Suns is coming…

Response from Mending Wall.

The 2014 Mortar & Stone is a blend of 45% Syrah (previously planted on the Mending Wall estate), 40% Zinfandel (old Dr. Krupp planting from Atlas Peak), and 15% Petite Sirah (from the Palisades Vineyard in Calistoga, formerly known as Carver-Sutro). We produced 500 cases, aged in French oak barriques for 15 months, with 50% of the barrels brand new. Both Antonio Galloni and Robert Parker were thrilled and intrigued with the blend when they visited!