Other Blogs and Web Sites

WB is my go to site - and I enjoy it!

What other blogs and sites are you visiting regularly?

CellarTracker’s discussion forum. However, I save all my wine related sarcasm for this place where it belongs.

WS works for me as well since it has a higher Canadian content.

winedisorder is nice

Yeah right. Sure you do. rolleyes

I absolutely do! You can ask anyone who’s a member there - I go by CranBurgundy. The CT discussion forum doesn’t have much, if any, arrogance and ego. Here, we have those on tap. My wife has said my biggest fault is telling assholes they are assholes, then trying to out-asshole them to drive the point home, and she’s 100% correct…although I don’t see it as a fault, I see it as my mission. Doesn’t matter if it’s on the internet or in person, I’ll let somebody know they’re being an ass if they deserve to hear it. I have the scars to prove it too. Everyone needs a hobby! [wink.gif]

I can tell this discussion will soon be buried in the Assylum… pileon

When I am not thinking about wine, I am thinking about this

I use Inoreader as my cloud based RSS aggregator and I subscribe to ~120 wine related rss feeds. I then check my feeds daily. If anyone’s interested I can share the relevant opml files if you’d like to have a look.

Thanks Andrew!

That’s cool works really well and is easy to set up. [thumbs-up.gif]

I read Vinous regularly. I read Jancis Robinson and Parker occasionally.

As far as blogs, I try to always read Jeremy Parzen, Alfonso Cevola, Eric Guido, Berry Bros., Tom Wark, and probably one or two others I’m forgetting right now.

For those with regional interests, Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts, focuses on that.

I always check in on CT for the wine reviews of my wine which I continue to find of interest. The forum usually has a couple of threads of interest and Eric likes to maintain a civil wine centric environment which with minor exceptions all respect. With a few exceptions many of the posters have migrated over to WB.

Cheers Peter!

I’m a big fan of RSS and have been using it for years. Having open and interoperable standards for the web is a good thing despite the number of walled gardens around the place currently. Inoreader being in the cloud is especially useful, all you need is a web browser to catch up on news, or your phone as Inoreader has dedicated apps for Android and iOS.

UK wine forum on Wine Pages for a more euro-centered wine discussion.

Wine Cellar Insider is good for Bordeaux lovers with other varietals falling in line.

This might be the best misspelling of the year! Simple and direct. [cheers.gif]

I’m frequently checking CT for others’ notes on my wines.

I really like Wine Terroirs (wineterroirs.com) when I’m looking to read something interesting or off the beaten path.

Other sites don’t seem to have as much activity as this place.