The Ultimate Unicorn

This would have to be up there as one of the rarest wines in modern history, right?

That’s insane, but also quite cool. Lamy Pillot has long been one of the best buys in Montrachet, and it looks like that is about to go out the door!

-What ? No Jeroboams then ? Some investors are getting really disappointed now.

It’s a great stunt to pull in a hard situation. Lots of attention to the brave group, whether it will be sold or not.
Turning it into something positive, and talked about.

True rare wine, yes.

-Soren.

That is a pretty interesting concept. I wonder how they will make wine-making decisions? It will be made at Leflaive, but are all the other producers going to be going to Leflaive and offer up opinions on how the wine should be made?

Yep ! What a great picture it will make… All the chiefs looking down in the vat. [welldone.gif]

-Soren.

too bad Leflaive was chosen to make it.

i don’t think it would be appropriate if they all labeled the wine as their own, but i can’t see the french government allowing it either

kind of a giant metayage if you will.

If made for market, creating special informative back-labels, may solve some legal problems ?
Made like a normal Leflaive bottling, but with all the names, and detailed explanations on the back side.

Yes, that part seems odd. They can’t label it as a domaine product if it’s not from their vines, can they? That seems like one legal impediment.

if I give someone my grapes and they make the wine, it is a metayage and, in return, I get half the grapes, able to label it with my own label (think Ponsot/Chezeaux). This is just a 6 way metayage, no? Maybe there’s a rule against more than two to tango.

Maybe that works. But you’re also blending your grapes with other people’s who aren’t involved in the winemaking.

But, since the term “menage a trois” is French, why not a “metayage a six”?