TN: Château Montrose 1990 ....97 + points

TN: Château Montrose 1990 …97 points [wow.gif]

the color is Harvard crimson deep rich looking vibrant, radiating and pulsing … the nose encounters animals in the nicest way scampering about, dark black, cassis, black currant with a red streak fruits ,tobacco, leather, anise, black licorice

this is a rich opulent wine that has body, beef, texture, unctuous … firm tannin’s take you to the long hang time of flavor the beckons a moment to adjust to the expansion of this wine… it’s multi directional and always expanding …

the alc is stated as 13% alc by vol no way, she is a min 13.5% to 14.5% alc… produces bold legs that are fun to see cascade down the glass giving the tell that the wine is thick, you can cut it with a knife…

solid wine 97 + points …

Great wine. Wish I had more.

I also gave it 97 points a couple years ago. One of the 3 wines I’ve given 97 points to. [cheers.gif]

The last time I had this it was tasted next to a 1989 Montrose. I think that virtually everyone at the table (certainly me) thought the 89 was better. The 90 was excellent, but the 89 was better.

Yeah, boy - I’m gonna get me one of those “I :heart: JDZ” bumper stickers! [wow.gif] [dance-clap.gif] I’m sure they’ll be the next must-have Berserker accessory. [thumbs-up.gif]

I almost want to buy a bottle to see the orange-red color radiating and pulsing, but maybe I’d like Alabama Crimson Tide red better.

Aaaah, the smell of woodland creatures scampering in their nicest way…

Um, what exactly does that mean? [scratch.gif]