2015 Sandler Pinots are out.

Keefer
Bien Nacido
Boer
Peterson

A four pack of one each is $125 so if you want to try them all, it’s near-painless.
I did a four and four Bien’s.
I love supporting good labels with good people behind them and as a matter of fact it’s one of the best things about wine after the sharing of the wine itself with friends and family thing.

Cheerios.

Sandler is an easy no-brainer for me. The 4-pack with shipping included is a steal!!!

Ed’s wines are very good. One of the best buys around.

And Ed is one of the best people in this business of wine, too.

He is indeed. For us, a trip to wine country requires a visit (or two) with Ed!!!

I put in an order. Great wine, crazy good value, and Ed is indeed as good a person as everyone says.

I ordered some rose, too. I have never heard anything about it, but I’m guessing it’s a steal. I want to try it and then go back for more if there is still some left.

The rosé is a great value. I bought a couple bottles this summer and opened one a few weeks ago. A more generous rosé that can likely withstand a couple years in the cellar (although it is ready to drink now). It is clearly Pinot Noir fruit, food friendly (there is some white pepper among other spices), with an ever-so-slight creamy finish. This would be great with cured meat or charcuterie.

I’ve been trying to cut down on purchases but 4 bottles of great pinot for $31 each with free shipping is a wonderful buy. Oh, and I forgot made by a great winemaker Ed Kurtzman.
Count me in.

Can someone give me an idea of the style of wine?

I’ve never had.

Style = delicious. Just do it.

There’s 922 tasting notes in CellarTracker for Sandler. If you haven’t already, start there.

I went for the 4-pack despite my pledge to curtail purchases this month.

I’ve been meaning to try a Sandler PN, since I have a four pack of '12, '13, and '14 in the pile.
So tonight I opened a '12 Keefer Ranch. Light in color, hugely aromatic. Many flowers, no VA. No cola either, even though the ABV is above 14%. Beautifully balanced. Touch of sweetness, countered by acidity and herbs (stems?). Not grand Cru, but as RR PN goes, easily Premier. And a bargain.

P Hickner

I tend to crave more angular pinots but when I’m wanting something delicious and interesting Sandler fits the bill.

That’s the truth. If you can set any agendas aside and just be okay with “delicious wine at great price,” then this will work for you.

Okay, while I 100% stand behind my last comment, the question is worth answering. This is pretty down the middle for high quality California Pinot. Ripe but not sweet, pleases the crowd but also the wine geek. If you were looking for Stylistic fellow travelers, maybe Dehlinger from the 1990s, Sojourn, Swan, Scherrer. It’s not making a statement about how ___ you are, it’s just great joyous wine.

Thank you, Chris! You chose 3 of my favorite California wineries to compare Sandler with, and I like the wines from the 4th one a lot, they just haven’t been around as long as the others.

And thanks to everyone for the kind words. They mean a lot on the eve of our biggest harvest day of 2016, which also happens to be the final day for us. It’s also a day when the Sox and the Giants could both be swept, but I hope neither happens.

Just picked up a nice case of these lovely beauties! So excited Ed! I just loved the 2014s…

In for 8!

I have not had the Sandler pinots, but have had August West which I really like. At $125 shipped I am in for the 4 pack sampler. I will also say that Ed is a really nice guy, I met him at a few of the Pinot Posse events held at the Broadmoor.