Once & Future - January 17th Release

Save the Date: Once & Future - Fall Release onceandfuturewine.com

After the excitement generated by the inaugural release of the “Palisades” Petite Sirah and the “Bedrock Vineyard” Zinfandel, I thought it would be a good idea to share the release date for the Wines from Mr Joel Peterson (recently upgraded to the “Patron Saint of Zinfandel”).

The release date for Once & Future is January 17, 2017.

• 2015 “Oakley Road” Mataro, 115 cases, fall release

• 2015 “Frank’s Block”, Dry Creek Zinfandel, 200 cases, fall release.

• Bedrock Vineyard Zinfandel

• Palisades Vineyard Petite Surah

I don’t know if the lineup is 100% accurate, as I sourced the data from the “Press Democrat” article. Mr Peterson did confirm that the Contra Costa Mourvedre/Mataro will be included.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/lifestyle/5853860-181/winemaker-joel-petersons-passion-project?artslide=6
once-and-future.png

Single Vineyard Mataro from Joel Peterson!?! I can totally picture you making an advent type calendar to count down the days Drew :slight_smile:

Goes without saying…but I’m definitely in if I’m lucky enough to get another offer. Here’s to hoping they give past buyers a guaranteed allocation :slight_smile:

Peterson + Mataro … oh goodness. I had to pass on some Fall favorites but November is after commission checks so yes please!

I had signed up for the mailing list but never heard a thing.

Hmmm… Joel Peterson as the patron saint of Zinfandel. Someone should probably let Paul Draper know.

I bought the inaugural zin release but passed on the PS, hopefully that does not negatively affect my next allocation as I will be in for a few of each.
Oh, and I thought I was done for the year.

Are you guys already getting emails about the release? I signed up last June, mainly for the Oakley Rd Mataro.

No emails yet - Only the Spring Release email was sent.

I am guessing that the “Frank’s Block” Zinfandel is from the Teldeschi Vineyard:

http://www.teldeschi.com/OurHistory/tabid/213/Default.aspx

Take that up with Tim Fish - The Patron Saint of Zinfandel | Wine Spectator

BUMP

Is the Once & Future release date synchronized with MTP’s Bedrock release?

I’m a little surprised we haven’t seen a get ready to get ready heads up email on this yet if it is the 15th.

For sure.

Pop and I had a bit of a mix-up regarding release dates, the Once & Future offer will be postponed until sometime in the Spring. Bedrock will release on the 15th, which is our traditional date for the Winter Release. A save-the-date with a final list of wines should be hitting folks inboxes on Tuesday. Sorry for the confusion.

A personal aside, the 2015 Frank’s Block might be the best young wine I have had from Dry Creek Valley. It will be the worth the wait!

Thanks M

Thanks for the clarification, MTP!

Order in!

2 bedrock
6 franks block
2 mataro
1 PS

Went with

2 bedrock
2 franks block
2 mataro

Did you get an email?? I haven’t received anything yet and not sure how to login otherwise

No email here but I went to Once and Future Wine - Checkout my allocation shows.

When the email comes you can login and buy wine. It’s really that simple.