TN::Chateau d’Yquem ...2013 ….97 pts

TN::Chateau d’Yquem …2013 ….97 pts

Thick viscosity of ectoplasm that rolls around your palate it creates a portal to heaven, it opens your mind body and soul to freely accept the notes that follow

Orange, lemon, coconut, vanilla, apricot, coconut rum, orange marmalade with lemon running through it, honeysuckle, butterscotch, taffy, pineapple, mango, tangerine, almond vanilla, white pepper, honey golden raisin, tangerine, lilac honeysuckle,butterscotch, orange rind, honey golden raisin, orange marmalade…succulent fruits unctuous in every manner and this is why they are the best sauternes producer in the world 97 points …

Chateau d’Yquem was the joint-highest scoring wine of the 2013 vintage in ratings published by Decanter last month. It got 18.5 points, only equalled by Haut-Brion Blanc, a dry white, in what has generally been regarded as a better year for Bordeaux whites versus reds.

Read more at Click On Me

Thanks for the note! I haven’t had an opportunity to try this vintage yet, but the notes seem promising.

Anyone have any input on the 2014 that was recently released? That’s another one I’m curious about. The 2013 and the 2014 are approximately the same price. The impression that I get gives the 2013 the edge, but I would love to hear if anyone has tried both!

Wow, I think this is my favorite TN ever. I am not sure if I could even handle all that.

A big +1 from me. Other than John, I think only a Ghostbuster could handle a wine with ectoplasm of that magnitude. Who ya gonna call?

FIFY. [beg.gif]

glad you enjoyed it … the wine was sublime as expected …

Salute !!!

[cheers.gif]

Thanks,

looking for the notes on 2014 too…

Salute !!!

I know what you are up to. [cheers.gif]

What flavor of taffy?

Butterscotch bends in a way that it leaves a lite taffy or fat or viscous sensation with a ever so small hint of taffy

Salute !!!

Missed a few!

But he hit a few twice so that makes up for it.
To be able to taste that many things in one wine, he truly is a professional.

It’s almost like the tasting descriptors version of Tourette’s.

ORANGE! LEMONS! ORANGE AND LEMONS! LEMONS AND ORANGE!!! ARRRRRRGHHHHH!!!

That note covers so much ground, no need to have even tasted the wine.

Is there a random wine review generator yet?

Why, yes, there is!

“Mosquito Valley Winery coalesces soporiphic corn overtones and a better-than-slow-death acetone aroma in their 2009 Chenin Blanc.”

You forgot the orange marmalade, as well as the orange marmalade.

John… I would think you would just look at my site. neener You can see tasting notes on 2013, 2014 and 2015, if you are curious.

I don’t think John pays much attention to things that other people do. Your site isn’t all about him and his opinion. [stirthepothal.gif] [snort.gif]

Jeff,

thanks and will do … [thankyou.gif]