NYC/Jersey City Wine Storage Recommendations?

Well, all good things must come to an end. Chelsea Wine Storage just announced they’re tripling our rent as of November so I’m looking for a new location.

I’ve heard good things about MWC which is right nearby in Chelsea.

Anyone know anything about Mana Wine? They’re local here in Jersey City.

Any other suggestions?

I’m guessing the new owners want to drive all the customers out and make the space into another overpriced clothing store or club.

Jay,

Manhattan Wine Company’s primary storage facility is in Clifton, NJ. I highly recommend the facility

Barry

Acker Merrall & Condit.

Mine is only (?!) going up 50%. That will include insurance, but still is a huge boost. Not sure what I’ll do.

Will they charge for Saturday afternoon tastings?

I suppose an advantage to storing in Edison would be visiting Harolds at the same time [basic-smile.gif]

I’ll buy your first order at Harolds. And that’s a promise.

I’ve picked up wine from someone who stored here…it’s a first rate facility. The staff is great. Not gonna do much better.

When you say “here” which storage facility do you mean?

I am a happy Domaine customer. They have been incredibly flexible and accommodating during our chaotic set of moves. Rates are competitive. There were some growing pains when they took over from Acker, but everything was smoothed out. They really care and want customers to be happy.

Byo, but the glasses will be huge

Lol!

This rent increase would cover dinner and corkage at a good restaurant.

How about cakeage, too?

I split between MWC and Chelsea and based on the new storage costs I will move the wines at Chelsea to MWC. MWC has been really solid for me and while I’ve liked being able to grab a bottle from storage on the way home the cost increase is pretty ludicrous. My collection is already insured and at much cheaper rates than what Chelsea is claiming they are paying.

I get back home (to NYC) pretty regularly and I am considering setting up an account at Manhattan Wine Storage. I’ve known the owner, Matt Tornabene, for years and couldn’t think of anyone more I would want to store my wines.

I started with Domaine when I moved to NY last year and have been very pleased. Pleased with the rates and have found getting deliveries to my apartment each month has been very easy. Highly recommend them.

happy domaine customer for i think 10 years (?) from when it was originally LLK. the only thing you should know is the in/out fees, which have gone up over time and can add up. i use domaine almost exclusively for long-term items so it’s not that much of an issue for me. they’re also pretty great at shipping something for you, etc. i can’t compare their website to anyone else’s as i’ve never had commercial storage away from them, but it works well enough (pull requests are done online with a good confirmation process, etc.)

I’ve used NY Wine Storage in Long Island City (Geoffrey Troy) for 23 years and have been happy. I guess that might be a little less convenient for you, Jay, since you’re in NJ.