White Burgundy Second Stringers?

In white burgundy, who are your second stringers? (I’m thinking mainly of producers who “specialize” in whites?) I know Coche-Dury, Roulot, Raveneau, Leflaive (for some); maybe Ramonet are considered first tier? Second tier: PYCM, Lamy, Niellon, Carillon, H. Boillot, Arnaud Ente? Others at this level? Would you sort these differently? (Have become intrigued by the whites, looking to find more to try.)

Maybe Bonneau du Martray? Possibly Girardin.

I would add H Germain, A Jobard and Latour Giraud
MT

Maybe some of these are or will become 1st stringers? They tend to be 2nd string price however.

-Bernard Moreau
-Sauzet
-Benjamin Leroux
-Hubert Lamy

arnaud ente is no way second string, not to mention his ex cellar prices are higher than coche

If Raveneau is in the 1st tier…Dauvissat for tier 2

I would put PYCM as first tier and Bernard Moreau awfully close. Bouchard and Drouhin are second tier but awfully good.

I must admit I would put Raveneau as second tier. Give me PYCM over Raveneau. I mean I like Raveneau but to me they are vastly overpriced.

Paul Pernot is very under rated. His Puligny villages is excellent and the 1er cru and Grand cru are notches above that.

The pricing of Raveneau does not reduce the quality.

Boillot is second tier?

Indeed, first string in all regards. Wish I could still afford them. Riveting wines.

Best under-the-radar-second stringer I know: Domaine Cherisy.

+1

Dont forget Pierre Morey. His perrieres and batard are at least at the top of second tier.

Comtes Lafon is tier 1
Auvenay tier 1++++

Thanks for all the input,
Many of these I know, but not all. (And certainly did not know that Arnaud Ente was flying so high, but maybe that’s why I’ve never gotten to try any).

I have some of the Pernot Puligny -Montrachet “Clos des Folatières” 1er on deck, Jerry, so good to know that you think so highly of him. And I had forgotten about A. Jobard, whose 1er’s are as good as any I have tasted.(And yes of course Comtes Lafon–also sadly above what I can really afford.)

I had PYCM and Lamy in there; I will have to seek out Moreau and Cherisy, as well as Latour-Giraud (and yes Girardin can be good, and doubtless Bonneau de Martray, but people like these older?)

Thoughts about Ramonet? Truly 1st tier or no? (Sauzet one of the few Batard’s I’ve drunk, with age was great, though the oak was not all gone. How is his lower end stuff?) Love to try to some Pierre Morey wines mentioned–oddly, perhaps, in France was poured his red Beaune (Pommard?), which was itself memorable.

Ramonet is top tier to me, but sadly has had pre mox issues so I will still buy their 1ers but wont risk gc $$

I have come to agree with Bill Nanson about Domaine Dublere. In the October 2014 Burgundy Report, Nanson said he has “come to regard this as one of the ‘top 20’ addresses in Burgundy for whites, they are that good.”

Fevre’s domaine wines belong in that number.

Sorry for the “sour grapes”, but after 5-6 years, and in some cases much less, many of the above first and second stringers’ wines will taste like 5th stringers…an expensive but flawed product.

I love the Pillot Chassagnes.