TN: 2000 Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Chardonnay

pow pow this is delicious. A bit of stinky cheesy funk when first poured, but blew off within five minutes. A little bit of matchstick on the nose but the palate is ZOMG. It’s so full of dense sweet fruit, spice and a hint of tropical custard but it’s such a textured and layered wine right now. There is this burliness to it with a structure that enables the wine to expand and expand on the palate. A zesty citrus undertone and acid cuts through the heft of the wine. A year ago I thought it was a bit too fat and needed to shed some of that and it’s doing it in spades. This wine could even use a little more time to tame it’s aggressiveness and that hint of tropical but lordy it is drinking fantastic right now.

I got a feeling this one might age for quite awhile

Confirming again and again that Arcadian is my favorite chardonnay producer in CA

And they don’t charge the silly prices that some do.

Damn, that sounds great Charlie!
It’s been a while since I’ve had an aged Chardonnay from Arcadian.
Need to remedy that.

Thanks for note Charlie. I organized my cellars last weekend and found these beauties. I completely forgot I had the 96’ & 97’. I might have to check in on one of these soon.
image.jpeg

$50 a btl and they still have some in stock. Can’t beat it.

I don’t have a drop of that vintage. Did we have this when Joe was at the house???

Yep!!

I would have said no…I thought it was the 99’ sleepy hollow, but when I looked back we had both