Outstanding airline in-flight wine experiences?

What’s the most outstanding wine experience you’ve ever had on a commercial airline flight, in terms of selection or service?

A recent trip to Japan on ANA brought this topic to mind, as I encountered the strongest in flight selections I’ve seen thus far. This may be because I normally fly United, who has a disastrous wine program, of course. Overall, though, ANA did a really excellent job. Obviously I didn’t try everything listed below, but it was clear that some thought went into the selections, including the need for a slightly more bold flavor profile at altitude. Considering the need for an airline to stick with wines that have at least moderate availability, I think they did quite well. Yes, this was in the first class cabin, scored via my United miles…

Champagnes:
Krug MV (served intentionally in a white wine glass, no less)
Bruno Paillard NV Rose Premiere Cuvee

Whites:
2014 Asatsuyu Sauvignon Blanc/Napa
2014 Albert Bichot Chablis 1er Les Vaucoupins Domaine Long-Depaquit
2014 Marufuji Koshu Rubaiyat Sur Lie
2014 Marchesi Fescobaldi Pomino Bianco Riserva Benefizio

Reds:
2012 Trefethen Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
2011 Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Boucherottes
2013 Petaluma Shiraz
2013 Pian delle Vigne (Antinori) Rosso di Montalcino

Sake / Shochu: to numerous to list, and labels with no English… But they did arrange a tasting of the various sakes for me, which was a good learning experience.

Special Bonus: Suntory Hibiki 21-year old whisky

I flew Qatar Airways first class from Heathrow to Doha a few years ago and the guy in front of me told them to “leave the bottle” when they opened up a MV Krug after take off. And they did, just plunked the newly opened bottle down on his table.

I didn’t have the balls to say ''l’ll have what he’s having" but I always wish I did. They had a Montrachet at dinner with some age on it and a good bordeaux (I think it might have been a Leoville?). After dinner there was a choice of a Taylor’s vintage port or a Z-H SGN.

Leave the bottle!!! Ha! Such a strong move.

Like a boss.

Singapore has an excellent wine program and Air New Zealand does a wonderful job of offering the best of New Zealand Wines even in their economy classes though way better in business.

British Airways Concorde from IAD to LHR in July 1976;
a bottomless bottle of Dom Pérignon 1964.

James, too bad you only had 3 hours to indulge!

No wonder they were flying so fast.

I’ll second the Air New Zealand service. The food and wine pairings are truly top notch (as is the overall service). All NZ wines ranging from the well known to relatively unknown gems.

Emirates for a recent flight. 1964 Taylor’s tawny and all you can drink Hennessy Paradis. After a bottle of DP04.

Made DXB-SFO quite civilised.

The golden age of travel! Very cool combo of a magnificent machine and wonderful wine.

Emirates First class has good wines and they have the Bar too which has a good selection.