Ultramarine release is open

2012 BdB Charles Heinz Vineyard
2012 BdN Charles Heinz Vineyard
and a 2014 still Pinot Noir Heinz Vineyard

No Saignée Rosé

The release notes that the '12’s are “more generous and broad” than previous vintages, while the acidity remains high.

It sounds like these will have less of previous vintages’ austerity and high acid-to-fruit ratio that C. Fu, B. Baker and others found off putting, while maintaining the edgy raciness, cut and minerality many of us loved. I’m looking forward to trying them.

Cheers,
Warren champagne.gif

I guess it’s open only to previous purchasers now? The email I got said September 8th.

Been buying Ultramarine/Cruse for a while now. My last email said it would open Sep. 8.

I’ve purchased since the first release and I also got an email saying the release opens on 9/8. One thing that was quite confusing though is that it says the wines are offered on an allocation, but then it also says they are first come first serve.

Anyone have thoughts on the still wine?

I’m conflicted. I enjoyed the Rose, but the BdB was not good to me. Not sure if it was an off year for that bottling, anyone have more experience with the wines?

I’ve been buying since the first release and I was offered all three, took the full allocation. It seemed to me that if you bought before you would have two days to purchase, after that it was first come first served. No idea about the still wine, the picture of it on the purchase page has a cork with a cage on it. All three pics could be the same wine though.

I bought a 6 pack first release and a case last year. September 8 for me. Odd…

I’ve only bought a 6 pack each release and got my allocation email at 12:29 today.

Hm, no email here. I’ve bought in the past, but can’t find a way to log in via the site. Will hope for notification soon.

Took what was offered, enjoy these.

All-in.

Have not tried these but will likely pass as Limerick Lane and MACDONALD are coming soon.
Comparisons to Under The Wire? I found the UTW chard from the initial vintage to be quite good.

no email for me too.

Nor me

I have been buying since the 1st vintage. Ummm… Interesting

Re-checked the “save the date” email. Says the offer will come out today, September 8th. Looks like some folks got an early peek.

As long as I still have an allocation, I’m not worried… for those with the early view, what was the allocation and pricing this vintage?

Curious about the coteaux champenois release as well, and sad no more rose.

Maybe it’ll sell out before it is released :wink:

I got 5/5/2 of 12 BdB/12 BdN/14 PN at $55/55/40.

Yay! Got some!