What wines from the 2017 vintage should I include in my nephew's wedding present?

In deference to the “what to argue about next” thread, I thought I would kick off an early discussion of the 2017 vintage. My nephew is going to be married in October 2017 and our custom for wedding gifts has been to give a wine refrigerator that we fill half way with an assortment of good wines, ending with wines from the year of the wedding. I will start with his birth year - I have a 1985 Q. do Noval and a 1985 Dows to choose from, and work my way up to 2017. I have no idea what to pencil in for the bride. She’s a nice kid but gets way too many negative points because she is a Patriots fan.

So what looks good for 2017 - the next vintage of the century?

La Tache is a safe bet.

I will GIVE her a bottle of mine, since she is a patriots fan.

d’Yquem

Sierra Carche. neener

Technically that is true.

Double-magnum of Mouton, obviously.

CdP en Magnum (year ending in 7)

The 1985 Dow’s is superb. One of the best VP’s of the 1980’s.

He’s not worth it, even as a Jets fan.

that’s a great gift, which wine frig do you purchase?

It depends - that’s the true beauty of it. I can vary the size of the refrigerator based upon how well I know the couple. Then you have fun with the wine choices. I gave one couple where I had known the boy since he was 7 years old 10 bottles to space out over the next ten years with detailed instructions, including the need to keep the 2006 Hospices Corton Dr. Peste GC until their 10th wedding anniversary. Motivation for them to last that long. champagne.gif

Jay, you’ve always been like a second father to me. Please PM me your address so I can send you a wedding invite.

Are you gonna give him a gift two years after his wedding?

The 2017 Beaujolais nouveau is released early November, -just late for the event.

I normally deliver the final bottle two years afterwards.

Make things a bit easier on yourself.
181186.jpg

[notworthy.gif]

I think this is the one I had in my office. It died after 3 years and I would never buy it again.

2017 Patricia Green Berserkers’ Cuvee, of course