Anybody know how Bern's came through the storm?

Heard Tampa got hit hard.

When I think of Tampa, I think Bern’s, and hope it will be OK.

Sitting here in Tampa now, though not south Tampa, where Bern’s is located. We had rain and some wind, but nothing worse than a typical summer thunderstorm, well, except for the quantity of rain. The coastal areas like Clearwater and St. Pete got much more wind, but even there, much less than the areas that got hit by the center of the storm.

I hope that people are safe too.

You need to work on your priorities

Wine
Steak
People

[wow.gif]

I checked with a friend who works in Tampa and lives in Sarasota (we have been to Bern’s together twice now). She is currently visiting her daughters in Maryland and Pennsylvania so was not there for Hermine though it may come up the coast to catch up with her in Annapolis.

Wow, I hope she doesn’t have to go into office every day. Sarasota to Tampa would be one awful commute.

She’s busiest during the tax season but I think she has a friend in Tampa that will sometimes put her up overnight when she works late.

I haven’t been by there or heard anything specific, but I’d imagine Bern’s came through just fine (and if there were any serious damage, the local news would have been all over it).

I live across the bridge in St. Pete and we got some heavy rain and winds that topped out around 50 mph, but it really wasn’t much different than a prolonged heavy summer thunderstorm (as Kevin noted). Some minor street flooding and lots of fallen branches, but didn’t see much else in the way of damage around here.

The Tallahassee/panhandle area got hit much harder - I hear 70% of Leon County is without power.