Wine list advice-Tampa

Heading to Tampa next week to a certain restaurant. Anyone who’s been there recently have any advice for something (at most $80 per 375) thats either cab, zin or shiraz(oz) based?

I was there three times in one week in early August. Just ask for Eric when you get there and give him some things you are thinking about. From my experience, he needed a little guidance, like “we are thinking this, what do you think”. He hit it out of the park when we did that. When we just asked him to bring us something fun, it fell slightly short of what we hoped. Still great nonetheless. Have a great time!!!

great advice below.

If you have any free time for other meals Edison Food and Wine and OnSwann are all within the same general area.

Roof top bar at the hotel across the street also worth checking out depending on how late your night is.

Thanks all. I’ve been in contact with Adam who’s been helping me out and we have some good choices for the first night. Just looking for options and what I can expect for the second night.

Off wine for a sec, any suggestions on what cut of beef to choose? Or is the lamb a better option? Any recommended appertizers?

We were there in February. It’s been awhile, but if they still have the Parducci PS on the BTG list…I’d strongly encourage that. It’s silly how affordable it is.

Saw that, and the Mondavi zin. If they’re still there, I’ll be sure to give them a try.

Look at the northern Rhones from the late 70s. Lots of good options in your price range. Work with Brad Dixon. He’s great.

I found the Delmonico the tastiest cut of beef personally. The duck confit starter is excellent as is the lobster bisque. The Lobster bisque has about 20,000 calories per fluid once however!

Use the sommeliers to choose wine for you. Give them your budget per night, style and age preferences and the the number of bottles and they will amaze you.

enjoy

Brodie

Used to be the 64’s and 66’s a few years ago…but they are now either gone or priced upward :frowning:

I hate to say this because they’ll be sucked up, but on another night during that same trip in March, we opened a few mid-60’s Burgundies in half bottle. They were all excellent, but light in style. That was ok, because it was an evening we planned to order fish dishes and the wines were perfect with the dishes.

I was at Bern’s last March and we tried three different reds by the glass and settled on the 2006 Long Meadow Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, as the best match for the steak so we re-ordered that one. It’s still on the wine list and only $74.95 by the bottle. On a previous visit we enjoyed an older Leoville Poyferre. We also had a dessert wine in the dessert room.

Thanks all!