TN: 2015 Briceland Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc Humboldt County

We spent half a day with Andrew on our recent trip to California and picked up a mixed bag of his wines.

We served his Sauv blanc with a salmon dish tonight and it was a perfect pairing.

The nose is very aromatic to me. Lots of grapefruit and citrus, grassy notes and even some tart/sour pineapple/tropical notes. The wine is medium bodied and on the palate, you get hit first with great bright acid that’s led by great mouth feel. Medium/medium plus acidity on the finish. Lots of grassy notes on the finish that linger quite nicely. This is one of the better Sauv blancs we’ve ever had that are even close to this price range. 91 points.

What separated this wine for me was the nose and the body. A lot of Sauv Blancs don’t have all that interesting of a nose to me and this was very interesting and inviting. Also, the balance on the body of the wine was perfect. It was not a light bodied bone dry wine. It had great silky mouth feel with plenty of body but didn’t have any oak or alcohol that often comes with bigger bodied Sauv Blancs.

Andrew you should be proud!

Hi Brandon.

Nice looking pup!

Thanks for posting. I really like this batch as well. The feedback we have been getting has been really positive.

That wine is a blend of 4 Humboldt vineyards, 3 of which are older Southern Humboldt plots and the fourth is Ishi Pishi Ranch in Orleans, NE Humboldt. All of them are farmed Organically, but only Ishi Pishi is certified.

It turns out that I like SBs that are blends of several vineyards. I think it adds complexity to the fruit expression. One dimensional SBs are not my favorite.

Cheers!