Name and rate the best 2011 Napa Cab you have had.

Please, no Screaming Eagles and other just plain over the top priced cult, cant get your hands on it wines.

What has been your best 2011 Napa Cab? What did you rate it? Why?

I have honestly only had two 2011 Napa Cabs that i really really liked and would rate over 90 so my interest is to see what producers bottled a great wine in what otherwise was a horrible year.

2011 Purlieu Martinez Vineyard - This had amazing concentration with great body and structure, with excellent fruit and spice and no greenness at all. If tasted blind, it could easily pass for a 2012.
Overall I think the higher elevation vineyards like this excelled in 2011. Pott HMSS is another one that comes to mind.

Greer is probably the best 2011 I’ve had. Also Bressler made a really good one that was close to the Greer for me. While each of these may not have been as good as they can be in stronger vintages, they were very good wines (not just “good for 2011”).

The 2011 Colgin IX and Cariad were both on par with the two named above, but they fall into the expensive, over the top category.

Only had 2-that I recall. One was well below its norm. One was below its norm. I have 1 bottle regular EMH and 1 bottle GTS . Thinking the EMH will be good and the GTS (Diamond Mountain) will be really good-based on wine critics and other info on the net.

Hobel, Myriad Three Twins and Myriad Dr. Crane.

2011 Drinkward Peschon was nice…especially for the price

Had a Quintessa 2011 cab two different times and tasted very nice- give it 93 points.

Rivers-Marie Panek. 96 points

… and the good news is… I have 2 bottles of 2011 Panek in the cellar!!

I’m generally in the “not a fan of the 11’s” camp…but I really, really enjoyed a 2011 Corison Napa cab a few weeks back.

Solid 93 points for me with upside.

Outpost True Vineyard: 92+
Hill Family Estate Atlas Peak: 89+

ps - my scale is that of CellarTracker where 86 is still a good score.

Not Napa, but I’ve had a few bottles of 2011 Ridge Estate Cabernet and it’s a beauty. I’d been buying it at a local supermarket for a little under $40.

2011 Jean Edwards Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley

2011 Rivers-Marie ‘Panek Vineyard’ cab - 95pts
2011 Myriad ‘Three Twins Vineyard’ cab - 94pts

Had a solid Rudius several months back.

Most 2011s I’ve had were bad. Sold most of what I have. Still kept EMH as that was decent, and kept the myriad dr crane.
The three twin I thought were green pepper galore.

I really like the 2011 Spottswoode. I find it a complete Cab with a lovely elegance to it. Not from Napa, the 2011 Mount Eden Cab is also very nice.

2011 Caymus Special Select. I scored it 97 (which was also what I scored the Screaming Eagle) was the highest personal rating so far. FWIW, I have 29 notes on CT for 2011 Napa Cab, all but 6 over 90.

O’Shaugnessy Howell and Veeder. Robert Craig Howell, too.

Quivet Kenefick Ranch