Boxed Wine Recos?

Really. I’m being asked for recommendations for wine for a wedding which will take place in a park where no glass is allowed. So I think that leaves us only with boxed wine. I would appreciate any serious recommendations of red, white, and rose that are not horrible or cloying. I might even have to drink some of it, so please be kind. I think it is safe to say in this case, that cost is no object.

Oh, and it must be available in the state of Massachusetts.

Ha, title fooled me: I didn’t think You would ever stoop to this level.

Wasn’t one offered on berserker day

Buy bottles of good wine, decant it into plastic milk/water jugs, and carry it into the park. Done.

Good idea, but not an option in this case.

I am guessing it is a catered event and the caterer has to supply the wine, or something like that?
My wife has bought a few boxed wines to take on trips with her mom (mom doesn’t drink). She can’t remember which ones she has tried but said none were great, but none were bad enough to pour down the drain. I would recommend just picking a few up and trying them yourself. They aren’t expensive and you can always use the leftovers for cooking.

Black Box . . .

What about a keg? The have a few that might work - perhaps Luna?

http://rubywines.com/keg-wines/

Yeah, but they are eternally ‘out of stock’

http://www.andegavia.com/Store/Casks

Been that way for over a year, wonder if they are out of business

Oh, and as for a recommendation - La Vielle Ferme, perhaps?

What about canned wine? Field recordings and underwood both make decent canned wines. I don’t know if they ship to mass though.

I was thinking canned wine too. I bought a 4-pack (250ml/per) of the 2015 Lila Provence Rose for my SO and she enjoyed it enough to ask me to grab some more. I only tasted a couple sips and found it certainly passable.

Trust the experts, the raters:

Archer Roose Cabernet Sauvignon – Mass Appeal. …
Archer Roose Carmenere – Hits the Bullseye. …
Maison Cubi Rosé – Go All In On Rosé …
Las Perdices Malbec – Bottle or Box, You Can’t Go Wrong. …
Maison Cubi Syrah Carignan 2013 – The Solution to the Boring Box. …
The Best Box Wines – Jack Tone Vineyards White Blend.

And that’s just page one.

This won’t help directly because K&L isn’t in Mass and it seems they don’t ship the bag-in-a-box wines but they have at least two which are solid. I’ve had both of these and would drink both again.

Blason Isonzo Bianco
Villa Pillo Sangiovese

I would assume they aren’t the only company that can source cool wine like this. You could call and Jedi mind trick them into shipping, or maybe there is a wine shop in Mass which has equal success finding decent representations of the bag-in-box stuff.

Scott

We keep a box of La Vielle Ferme blanc in the fridge most of the time. Quaffable for sure and avail. in most markets. Have not tried the rouge but I’d suspect it would be just fine as well.
We’ve avoided any of the chardonnay box wines as what appeals to the mass market is at odds with what we prefer to drink.

The rouge is similar in overall quality to the blanc - on the light side, as one would expect, which makes it ideal for an outdoor event.

That would be good since it is a winery I’ve actually heard of, but Wine Searcher is only showing it in Texas?

I can’t believe it shows up on Wine-Searcher AT ALL, frankly - it should be available at big wine shops in your area, maybe even high end grocery stores. The distribution is huge

Wine is not sold in grocery stores in my sad state, however the need is in MA. I will see if I can find out if it is there. Probably is. They have Total Wine and places like that too.

Call first, of course. Don’t want to be driving around the East Coast looking for boxed wine…

FIFY. :wink:

I think it is as Paul described where the caterer is buying the wine, so they can call or the caterer can check with their distributors.