Cayuse On Deck - 2015 Vintage

My favorite winery just dropped my second favorite email of the year (the one stating wish list was granted is still the best). The email seems to hint at another mag? I absolutely adore these wines.

It’s almost ordering season for Cayuse wine futures–that time of year when devotees of the Frog’s creations get all tingly with anticipation.

Your newsletter offering the 2015 vintage wine futures (including another something big, rare and exciting…) will arrive shortly via email.

Ordering begins at 9 a.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, Aug. 24 and closes at 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 16. On vacation? No worries. Your allocation is guaranteed until the store closes.

Your username (customer ID number) is [redacted] . If you’ve misplaced your password, you can jog your memory at the http://www.cayusevineyards.com login screen. And if you have any questions about the order process, please don’t hesitate to ask us.

In other Cayuse news, Christophe was thrilled to be on the cover of the May issue of Wine Spectator. While this sort of high-profile recognition is gratifying, we really owe our success to you, our loyal Mailing List customers. Thank you!

As always, we’re grateful for your continuing support of Cayuse Vineyards, and hope you enjoy our wines for years to come.

Best Wishes and Santé,

Christophe Baron, Vigneron
Trevor Dorland, PDG

Order placed and wish list filled out. It’s nice to see the large formats being more than a one off occurrence; I ordered mine and wished one additional.

Magnum Opus. We are thrilled to offer the 2014 Wallah Wallah Syrah Special #6 in magnum, blended by Christophe from several vineyards. After a barrel tasting, Jeb Dunnuck of The Wine Advocate gave it (95-97) points, and described it as “decidedly sexy, full-bodied,” and a wine “that still shows restraint, purity and finesse.”

Did anyone get added with this vintage??

I joined the wait list in December 2009. I never would’ve imagined this list would take 7+ years to crack. I love the wines, and the prices are solid, but they don’t seem overly hyped (except for the Frog), so I’m surprised that it’s taken so long and I still haven’t received an offer.

Anyone receive the 2015 vintage as their first offer? If so, when did you join the wait list?

I will likely not buy my entire allocation. Send a PM if interested to buy or trade.

2015 EN CERISE SY 3 X 750 ML

2015 BIONIC FROG SY 3 X 750 ML

2014 WALLAH WALLAH SPECIAL#6 MAG

2014 GOD ONLY KNOWS 3 X 750 ML

2014 ARMADA SY 3 X 750 ML

Allocated the Cerise and Casmapelo. prices went up $2.50 per btl over last year.

ordered/wish listed!

Jorge - you won’t get 2015 as your first offer at this time. if you get added it will be in the fall (after the existing customers are done ordering).
I think i signed up in 2008 and was added 2 years ago. i was added in december. (for the 2013 vintage).

I just dropped off the list. With shipping costs the wines just climbed past what I’m comfortable paying. I’ll enjoy the wines I do have over the years. Given how rarely I open these (maybe 1/year) and the fact that I have two mags…I think I’ll be fine without these wines this year. Here’s to hoping that someone gets on the list that wants them as I dropped two wines this year.

Signed up Oct 2009. Email in Jan 2016 said not going to happen this year. Back in 2014 was told 5-6 years.

Will take mine, trying to wrangle ccs now, do the least damage.

I took a few but left a few for the rest of you. I OWN TOO MUCH WINE!

Third year on the list. For some reason, only offered the Cailloux Vineyard once again. This time got an option to “wish” the Widowmaker and Bionic Frog. Does anyone understand how to get the other wines or how long it takes?

I’m pretty sure you can wishlist any of the wines, if they auto-populated the Widowmaker and Frog, you probably wishlisted them before.

Keys to getting wishlist requests granted:

1. Place your order early. I’m pretty sure they fulfill requests as the orders are placed, so if you wait until the end of the ordering period to place your order, you’re not likely to get anything.
  2. Wishlist a couple things, but not everything. Everybody wishlists the Frog, so maybe don’t wish for that one.
  3. Wishlist the bigger production wines, like Cailloux, Armada, or God Only Knows.

If you want Bionic Frog you should wish list it. After 6 years of doing so I got an allocation.

Tom

My 4th year on the list. Always the Cailloux. I have not had any mature bottles, just one or two of my first allocation, I thought it was good but I think I am going to skip and buy a few fishing rods instead.

We appear to be in the same boat so to speak. I am starting to realize that a third or more of my cellar is Cayuse. Great wines, but not sure what I have will be consumed in my lifetime!

I got 1 pack each of En Cerise, Cailloux and Bionic Frog. For the first year ever, I put all of my wishlist to zero. Nearly $900 (with tax and shipping) is about my max here.

Thanks for the keys to getting wishlist items. I’m not sure I want to keep ordering the Cailloux in hopes to get other wines such as Frog. Maybe I’ll try a Cailloux first before I order any more.

If you like Northern Rhone you will like the Cailloux. One of my favorite domestic Syrah. Been told by people at Cayuse it takes around 6 years after first purchase to get an allocation of Bionic Frog.

This is the only wine I continue to buy from mailing list. Given the fact they now ship to MA, just makes it that much easier.

Dropped the Cailloux, as I now have a case that spans 5 vintages, but kept the Armada, which was added to my allocation last year. Wishlisted a few. I’m happy to proceed like this for the time being.

I took the Frog, God Only Knows and En Chamberlin. Passed on the mag. Gave up Camaspelo and Armada a few years ago. Think I was on the list 4 years before getting an allocation of the Frog, but that was a while back.