TN: 2011 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly

2011 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Côte de Brouilly (8/4/2016)
Not as enchanting as it was on release, but it has unclenched from the stern period it entered a year post release. Some of that mouth coating fruit is back, though it is still showing quite a bit of back end acidity. Interesting wine that I wish I had bought a case of, as it is following an intriguing trajectory. Good stuff and worth some additional patience if you have some.

Posted from CellarTracker

I popped one as well this week and had an identical conclusion. On release, this wine was a thriller, I bought 3 cases and was drinking them like Diet Coke. Put a case away and this is my first in 18+ months. A heck of a buy but I think it’s settled into a lull but has the structure and filling to develop into something more interesting. My favorite of the 2009-13 run. Have not tried the '14 yet.

2011 is great, also at Thivin. I had the Cuvee Zaccharie recently and it had lost some of the overwhelming charm it had on release. It will probably be more ready again in 5-10 years.

Opened a bottle of the Thivin 2011 Côte de Brouilly (regular cuvee) this week. IMO the lull is over! This 2011 is drinking nicely, although in no danger of falling off cliff. Seamless mid-weight package. If you have some, try one!
Regards,
Peter