What percentage of your cellar is white wine?

Roughly what percentage of your cellar is white wine?

• 0% – I only drink red wine.
  • 10%
  • 25%
  • 33%
  • 50%
  • 75%
  • 100% – I only drink white wine

0 voters

Maybe it’s the summer heat, but I find myself drinking more and more white wine. And given the silly prices on some of the most ageworthy wines in the world – such as German riesling and Loire chenin blanc, among others – I’ve been buying in quantity and don’t have to worry about forgetting them in the cellar. As it stands I’m at near 50% white wine and with the 2015 German vintage in full swing soon, think white may soon overtake red. Interested in others’ cellar composition.

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 10.44.46 AM.png

I am 29.63% which include champagne, and off dry Loire and sauturnes

I voted 10% but it is less than that. Couple percent maybe.

34%. Like Mrs C, mine is nearly all champagne and loire, with a little bit of CA chard.

Way less than 10% because I usually drink them within a few weeks after picking them up. Currently there are two dry whites in my cellar. Counting Tokaji-aszu and some Auslese and TBA Riesling however, maybe around 5% in the whole collection.

18.8%

29%.

That percentage has increased from about 15% in the last 6 months, as I’ve rediscovered a love of minerally, acid driven whites. To my stash of Chenins and Gruners I’ve been adding 2014 Chablis and Muscadet, Assyrtiko, a little Sancerre and (just this morning) some Aligote.

Much less than 10%.

Somewhere between a quarter and a third is white, consisting of mostly Riesling, a few cases of Vouvray, with a tiny smattering of white Bordeaux and white Burgundy. I voted for 33% because it’s probably closest to that figure, especially after all the 2015 that’s been ordered comes in.

Flawed poll. I’m at 19.4%, 93 bottles. Going to drop a couple as it’s Bill Spohn’s annual Terrine luncheon today.

Just yesterday my wife and I were strolling in the white wine wing of the cellar when we noticed we were running low on Chablis. Good time to load up on 14s.

47%

France 58.5%
Germany 23.6%
USA 16.8%

Germany will move up as I wait for confirmation of 3 cases of '15 JJ Prum.

I would never have believed half of my cellar would be white wine 5 years ago.

My cellar is pretty much 50/50 white/red and I am trying to keep it that way.
Update-I just checked the stats and it is 50/50 if you accept a delta of 6 bottles!

Not enough. I’m buying much more white than red but I’m also still drinking much more white than red.

I have to get on cellartracker one of these days. I’m probably around 20% or so though purchases this year have been in the 80% region.

29.7 and rising

I voted 25%, but I wasn’t looking at it properly. I’m actually just under 30%, so closer to the 33% option. That’s probably about right for me. I drink more white wine than red, but I generally prefer mature reds, and I like most whites when they’re young and fresh, even those that are ageworthy.

77% of which 96% is Champagne.

I bet you’re skilled with a sabre.

17.3% but this is misleading because I don’t cellar as much white as red - I tend to drink whites younger.

50%. It would be higher but I drink more of the whites.