Lillian Offering

Just hit the in box. Syrah and Roussanne. The Roussane is heavenly.

Lillian has been disappointing for me. I stopped buying a while back. Overpriced for the quality.

For those of us not on the list, pricing? And where does the Roussanne come from?

Cheers

+1

A long while back.

The Roussanne is tasty, but pricey. I like the Antica Terra line more overall, and the mailer for it came today.

Maggie is doing a dinner in Charleston tonight.
(but we’re in FL)

I like the wines but funds are really tight at the moment.

Answered one of my own questions - Roussanne is from Stolpman Vineyard in the Ballard Canyon AVA . . . home to Stolpman’t L’Avion bottling, one of the best Roussannes in CA year in and year out . . .

Cheers.

I love the Lillian syrahs but they need several years of ageing and then a long decant to really appreciate how good they are. I hope to see Maggie Harrison next week at IPNC.

I was on the fence but Maggie’s write up about clipping the clusters off grapes sucked me in. More Syrah for me. Strangely, I like them younger when they seem to have more perceptible acidity.
I’ve always gotten too much heat on her whites, however.

I’m not a huge Syrah fan, but I want to give the lillian Roussanne a chance.

Agreed. $75/750

Is that the mailing list price or general retail?

Anyone know what Alban charges foe their current Roussanne release?

Cheers.

The Syrah has been $75 for years. For me these wines are fairly priced and on par with the likes of Saxum and Cayuse. I’m a buyer.

Tom

Stopped buying a few years back as I’m not into the newer stuff. I do love older Lillian Syrah though. Still get the release email every year though.

If anyone needs an allocation, they are free to use my login.

The 2014 was $48 pre tax and shipping

I’m not buying either, and can make the same offer.

I had the Roussanne for the first time yesterday and learned how the berries are all hand sorted by color and all sorts of other hands on TLC.

Once taste and I sprang for a six pack.

It was the absolute real deal.

The Syrah at $75 can go toe to toe with any 100% Syrahs out there $150 and lower. IMHO