Which wine glasses have stem with clover shape?

Our daily white wine glasses are slowly falling prey to breakage and we’d like to buy more. The distinctive style feature of them is that the stems are ‘fluted’ or shaped like a four-leaf clover (if you cut through a cross-section). We thought they were Riedel Vinums but every Riedel style we see has a basic round stem. I wouldn’t care except my wife really likes the distinctive feel in her hand. Anyone familiar with these stems?? Thanks.

Peter,

I think that’s the old Riedel Ouverture series. I have one (broke the other) from a purchase around 15 years ago. I don’t know if the current iteration has the same stem.

Sounds familiar, and we’ve had them a long time. Wife won’t be happy.

May I suggest including a photo of the stem herein for more accurate feedback?

http://www.wineenthusiast.com/riedel-wine-line-cabernet-merlot-bordeaux-wine-glasses-(set-of-2).asp

Riedel “Wine” line…

Replacements.com has older Riedel glassware for sale including Overature. Good company, former CPA owns and runs it.

As Kevin wrote, it’s the Riedel Wine series. They’re similar to the Vinum line but with different stems and lead-free glass (and also cheaper).

-Al

image.jpeg
Attaching a picture of the stem and base. Also distinctive is the stepped detail at the base. (Sorry about the angle but you’ll get the idea)

As Kevin did also, I found the glasses over on the wine enthusiast website, but I am unable to provide a working link and I see the link above doesnt work for me. They are called Riedel Wine Line Cabernet/Merlot/Bordeaux Wine Glasses. The description indicates clover design of stem and the photo has the same base. Hopefully you can locate the same.

I’m not sure if you have a Stein Mart in your area, but I got mine from there a few years ago. It looks like they still sell them on their website, so I would be surprised if they don’t carry them in store.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dkitchen&field-keywords=riedel+wine+series+non-leaded

I’m pleasantly surprised. I had them a long time ago but when I went to buy more discovered that Riedel started only selling them to restaurants. I guess they gave up on that idea. They were/are a very good value.

I’m actually not certain they’re still produced. The regular Riedel restaurant line has a different stem.

-Al

You’re right, I don’t see it on the Riedel website.

I’ve found them on Amazon. About $12 each. Wife’s happy again. Thanks to all for the help.