2009 Montevertine Montevertine: Disappointing

When I did a test bottle of this upon release, I remember a vibrancy and crystalline quality to the wine, that was highlighted by a strong component of pine and a more subtle but very desirable salinity. I had not revisited it since. Today’s showing was dramatically different and somewhat disappointing. No obvious flaws but just a muddled quality to the wine. There are those with significantly more experience with Montevertine than myself, so I’m wondering which of the following is most likely: an off bottle, an awkward period in its evolution, or perhaps past its prime drinking window. Thanks.

No expert but my limited experience would suggest awkward adolescence?

Doubt it’s past its prime. More likely an awkward time for it, although some 09 Brunello’s are seemingly ok.
I remember having either the 07 or 09 of this within the past year and not being thrilled by it either.

I recently had the 2008 Le Pergole Torte and found it to be much more expressive than the 2009 Montevertine. Acknowledging that 08 was not a particularly strong vintage for LPT, I still find this odd.

Usually this wine (and PT) is best after 20+ years
One of the best Tuscan wines I ever had was a 1975 Montevertine. (Admittedly the PT came in 1977, but still…)

? dud bottle
I tried all the 2012 2013 Montvertines in Italy last week and they are soo young I cant seem them falling over very quickly
The guy in the shop Massimo had ones in his cellar from the 1970s that he reckons are drinking well

Sounds off or akward. Currently drinking my 01 Montevertine Montevertine and it is in no way at risk of falling apart.