Kutch chard

I’m not a big chard drinker, but Im going to have to order some of that next week

Price??

Joe,

Our 2014 Chardonnay will be $42 a bottle.

What will allocation be like? Price certainly right.

I’m taking them all

Any clues? Alcohol? Oak? Anyone taste it? TIA

Thanks Jamie…that’s good BPR (buzz-to-price-ratio)

Alcohol is 12.75%

Oak was 20% new, 80% 4 year old - all french, barrel fermented.

The wine is a blend of 2 vineyards: Trout Gulch and Zayante. I am working on putting all the information into the release email / letter.

That said briefly: Zayante is planted on it’s own roots and has always been dry farmed. The vines are 46 years old it sits high up on a ridge. Trout Gulch vines are 36 years old and planted to Wente clone and farmed by Richard Alfaro. It sits at half the elevation of Zayante and is a much colder site. The blend produced a far superior wine than it’s parts.

I haven’t had it either, but I’m going to buy at least several bottles, it seems like a good buy for my style and at that price.

So did a “save the date” mail go out on this? It seems like my work email security has been blocking mails from some wineries, luckily I usually get a heads-up from this forum to check for allocations.

Yes, there was a save the date email today, saying the wine will be released (along with the 2014 McDougall pinot) next Wednesday, July 13.

Jamie,

Congratulations. A franco-phile friend of mine whose palate I respect said your chardonnay is outstanding. Would love to try it someday.

Mike

Thanks Chris!

In
Jamie–allocated or free-for-all?

I am drinking a preview bottle right now. It’s very good. It reminds me of Ceritas or Arnot-Roberts Chardonnays (both wineries make Trout Gulch Chard, so no shock). I like the brightness and pure citrus fruit. No hint of oak and no hint of heat. The label says 12.75% alcohol. I think I would prefer it with another 8-12 months of age to round out a couple of the edges, but it’s a very fine wine at a good price.

This sounds good!

It picks up a bit of finishing spice as it warms up.

I was in regardless when I got the email today, however to see you compare it to Ceritas…man I am really excited. flirtysmile

Also, is this a select release (like the Rose), or all mailing list?

Psyched! Love Santa Cruz Mtn Chards…I’m sure that Jamie will rock it out. I’m all in!